Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Whats the daftest thing shipped over?

Whats the daftest thing shipped over?

Old Oct 7th 2009, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the daftest thing shipped over?

Still hunting for the kettle - but just found a blown up balloon in one of the 'lounge' boxes - I can't believe they've packed a balloon (which is still inflated after 8 weeks at sea) but WHERE IS THE KETTLE?!!!
Old Oct 7th 2009, 8:34 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

have you unpacked your priority container yet?
Old Oct 8th 2009, 5:57 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
That has amused me no end- the agony of the menus for all your favourite takeaways and you're stranded in the Pacific

Stupidest thing I brought was the dog (back from Australia).
That dog comment has tickled me! Oh, and welcome "home" bourbon-biscuit.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

Well guys am in tears here - this is the funniest thread I have ever read!

So I'm taking it that you don't need any qualifications to be a packer...other than missing your common sense
Old Oct 8th 2009, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

robwyatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bevissa65
Hello all, so what was /is going to be the daftest or most obscure thing anyone has shipped over to NZ and why? Apart from my boxes and boxes of stationery and smelly stuff I'm taking lots of tesco value food bags and bin liners cos they are so cheap here, surely NZ couldn't price match them Not particularly strange just a bit stupid maybe.... I'm certain there will be some really, really strange things listed....... Bevissa
dumbbells
Old Oct 8th 2009, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by robwyatt
dumbbells
Now, now, you don't have to be so rude about the packers!
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Foxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud of

Still ploughing through the boxes and have found the half empty bottle of water I was drinking from on the day of packing . Had wondered where it had gone, thought my MIL had thrown it out.

It was well wrapped in 5 sheets of paper!!!!!!
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Tranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond repute

Our movers were Pickfords. They packed several squashed-up empty mineral water bottles, lots of bottle tops (carefully wrapped in paper, of course) and, as we discovered much later, a potato!! (Don't tell MAF....)

They also departed from the house having left two computers in one of the bedrooms!

(To be fair, apart from these couple of things, they were brilliant!)
Old Oct 9th 2009, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tranmere Rover
Our movers were Pickfords. They packed several squashed-up empty mineral water bottles, lots of bottle tops (carefully wrapped in paper, of course) and, as we discovered much later, a potato!! (Don't tell MAF....)

They also departed from the house having left two computers in one of the bedrooms!

(To be fair, apart from these couple of things, they were brilliant!)
All joking apart, what if MAF did find something like a potato in the packing? You couldn't be held responsible could you? Would the shippers be liable?
What did you do about the computers?
Old Oct 9th 2009, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Tranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
All joking apart, what if MAF did find something like a potato in the packing? You couldn't be held responsible could you? Would the shippers be liable?
What did you do about the computers?
We asked ourselves that question about the spud - not sure to be honest, but bet your bottom dollar MAF would have fined us.

The computers - well, I nipped in to check, spotted them, then had to contact the driver of the truck to get him to come back. This required finding his mobile number, which we couldn't get from our "Moving Co-Ordinator" at Pickfords because we went straight to voicemail. By a sheer fluke, he'd used our phone to call his ex-Mrs (another story....) so thanks to the magic that is "last number redial", we got to him before he got to the M25.

How we laughed.....
Old Oct 9th 2009, 12:53 pm
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by alanmacc
My wife .......... mad as a hatter
Old Oct 9th 2009, 1:09 pm
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

funny thread
when we came to germany (from london) they wrapped the wok thingy that sits on top of the gas hob, but the hob & oven was staying behind. also found the lids of plastic kitchen containers individually wrapped in about 20 sheets of paper!
but they were great. everything that they took apart in the UK they put back together again for us in germany
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tranmere Rover
We asked ourselves that question about the spud - not sure to be honest, but bet your bottom dollar MAF would have fined us.
Actually, I don't think they would. Our packers packed to bags of gardening moss & MAF found that. They destroyed it, no fine & no charge .

I'm beginning to wonder if the packers pack 'stupid' stuff as a bit of a laugh. Perhaps they have a weekly competition???? Just a thought
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

I found an empty fag packet in my boxes when I unpacked - and I don't even smoke!!!
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

they wrapped up my eldest son's homework when they packed his desk....I had to write a letter to school explaining why he was late handing it in!....bet the school hadn't heard that excuse before!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.