Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What's the chances, anyone know???

What's the chances, anyone know???

Old Jun 7th 2009, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

helenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to all
Question What's the chances, anyone know???

Hi, got my telephone interview on Wednesday. What's the chances of me being offered WTR rather than PR?

I am a registered secondary teacher and on the LT skills list. We already have a house in NZ and we have friends and family dotted about NZ too. We don't need to sell our house here, and can support ourselves for a while without immediate employment.

The trouble is if I were granted WTR, we would struggle with the time frame. I'm hoping to leave here December so I could start work in the new school year (Feb). What do you think? Any thoughts would be really welcome!

Thanks, Helen.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What's the chances, anyone know???

Originally Posted by helenlhoppy
Hi, got my telephone interview on Wednesday. What's the chances of me being offered WTR rather than PR?

I am a registered secondary teacher and on the LT skills list. We already have a house in NZ and we have friends and family dotted about NZ too. We don't need to sell our house here, and can support ourselves for a while without immediate employment.

The trouble is if I were granted WTR, we would struggle with the time frame. I'm hoping to leave here December so I could start work in the new school year (Feb). What do you think? Any thoughts would be really welcome!

Thanks, Helen.
I think from what you have said and bearing in mind you already have property in NZ the chances seem very high for PR. You say you would start work in Feb? does this mean you have a job offer? If so then sound like PR to me. Even if you only get WTR you will still have 3 months to apply for this-sept time, then 3 months in which to have arrived in NZ-Dec. so either way things could work out ok for you. Good luck
Chris
Old Jun 7th 2009, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

helenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to all

Thanks Chris.
I don't have a job offer but am looking!! Here's hoping it's PR. I'll keep you updated.

Helen. x
Old Jun 7th 2009, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Chris.
I don't have a job offer but am looking!! Here's hoping it's PR. I'll keep you updated.

Helen. x
I wouldnt worry Im sure you will get PR, with all your links with NZ and you occupation. The interview was pretty standard so as long as you have preped you answers you will be fine!

Fingers crossed for you x
Old Jun 7th 2009, 5:43 pm
DGH
Danni

DGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really nice

Thanks Chris.

Helen. x
Hi,
I think we've chatted before - I'm a secondary school teacher too. Did you say you submitted your ITA in March? If so, your timeline is realy quick! Did you find a job? we submitted our ITA in April - still waiting but got really excited when I saw your thread. Regarding you interview, have you looked into some of the questions they'll ask you? If you search 'telephone interview' in the threads there are plenty of example questions on there and advice from people who've already had them. Good luck - keep us updated.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hi DGH,
Sorry for the delay in replying.
No I haven't got a job. My ITA was lodged on 2nd March. I have been counting the days with the info on 'processing times' on NZIS and thought that I would probably be allocated a CO in the first week of June. I wasn't expecting to just hear that I had an interview date, that was a lovely surprise!

think that I had convinced myself, over the last three months, that I hadn't sent enough info in, and that I would never just go straight through to the interview stage, (another side effect of immigration finger I suspect), but would have to justify every part of my existence to my CO. This, fortunately wasn't the case.. (phew).

My time scale from ITA to interview is 14 weeks. Better than I was expecting.

I have checked the questions out and am revising hard tonight. Got my interview tomorrow at 12.45 in work....:yea: It was meant to be tomorrow at 4pm, but there is a tube strike on in London so my CO has brought it forward as she has to leave early.

Now I suppose my immigration finger symptoms will worsen somewhat until the long awaited yea or nay reply!!

Hope all is goes well with your own application. I wish you billions of buckets of luck!

Helen.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 12:43 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

hoping to hear it will be PR for you.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Bev! Interview went really well, usual questions, but she said it was a really positive interview! She also said being declined was not an option....

Now I suffer severe immigration finger for a week or two.... but.... watch this space!! Good luck to everyone else too.

Helen x
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Bev! Interview went really well, usual questions, but she said it was a really positive interview! She also said being declined was not an option....

Now I suffer severe immigration finger for a week or two.... but.... watch this space!! Good luck to everyone else too.

Helen x
Well done - have everything crossed for you!