Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Whatever happened to Sunshine and rain (rotorura)

Whatever happened to Sunshine and rain (rotorura)

Old Oct 9th 2006, 6:39 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whatever happened to Sunshine and rain (rotorura)

Originally Posted by 80s Chick
Thanks for all your good wishes old forum people but I'm afraid Ali wasn't strong enough to fight the battle and died on 29th September. Bu**er!! Naturally we are devastated but being very well looked after by family and friends (particularly his mum and sister). It's been good knowing you all and I will still check in here now and again to see how you're all doing. I wish you all well on this forum and hope those of you that make it to NZ find what you are/were looking for (congratulations on your first year Joshlin BTW). We've been invited for a holiday in Adelaide, Australia by one of Ali's old school friends so we'll be nearer NZ than we are now. Still you never know, we might make it one day.

One thing we did say though during his illness (and I bear in mind what sunshine and rain said about palliative care in NZ), thank goodness he was in the UK while he was ill because he got the best treatment on the NHS and from the hospice (which only actually receives 20% of its funding from the NHS - disgusting!)

Some of you I have met in person or talked to on the phone and you've all been good people to know. Good luck in your lives and all my best wishes

Phyl

Phyl, I'm so sorry to hear about Ali. My heart goes out to you and your family. I can't imagine how much harder it would have been for all of you if you had of made the move here and then had this happened, and then had to worry about family back in the UK as well. Take good care of yourself, Jan
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Phyll - so sad to hear your news - can't believe he's gone so quickly - will think fondly of his off the wall posts, he used to make us laugh so much. Take care of yourself and your family, our thoughts go with you.
Vicki & Lee
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:58 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Phyllis,

I have just read the news and can't express how sorry I am. Ali was such a witty, humorous intelligent man and I am sorry for your great loss. Thinking of you during this very difficult time and wishing you and your family all the very best for the future. Take care. Carmen.