Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What are you trying to say???

What are you trying to say???

Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light
Default What are you trying to say???

Does anyone else out there have problems with abreiviations???
Consider this ...it may be quicker for you guys to type like that, but it sometimes take me a while to work out what you are trying to say!!!
So help me out can we list a few of the abreiviations and what they mean ...please

(blond... but not affraid to admit sometimes in the morning the brain cells are a bit slow waking up!!! I just put coffee in the puppys food bowl!!!)

Last edited by jueinnz; Jan 9th 2007 at 6:29 pm. Reason: yes i know spelling a bit off!!!
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:36 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you trying to say???

Originally Posted by jueinnz View Post
Does anyone else out there have problems with abreiviations???
Consider this ...it may be quicker for you guys to type like that, but it sometimes take me a while to work out what you are trying to say!!!
So help me out can we list a few of the abreiviations and what they mean ...please

(blond... but not affraid to admit sometimes in the morning the brain cells are a bit slow waking up!!! I just put coffee in the puppys food bowl!!!)
I only really the use/can think of the following:

IM(H)O - In My (Honest) Opinion
OH - Other half
PMSL - Pissed Myself Laughing
LOL - Lots of Laughing/Laughter
WTF - What The [email protected]@k
JAFA - Just Another F'in Aucklander
ROFL - Rolling/ed On Floor Laughing

Is this what you mean? Hope it has been of some help if so. Carmen.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi View Post
I only really the use/can think of the following:

IM(H)O - In My (Honest) Opinion
OH - Other half
PMSL - Pissed Myself Laughing
LOL - Lots of Laughing/Laughter
WTF - What The [email protected]@k
JAFA - Just Another F'in Aucklander
ROFL - Rolled On Floor Laughing

Is this what you mean? Hope it has been of some help if so. Carmen.
Great thanks...PMSL was one of the ones I couldn't work out
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:40 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO - Laughing my arse off
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks its all now begining to make sense
Any more???
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:45 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

BRB - Be right back (use that one on MSN)
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by andy&georgina View Post
BRB - Be right back (use that one on MSN)
Got that one had to admit I didn't know what LoL was though!!!
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:55 pm
Banned

I must admit I do not know half of them either, so thanks for putting thread up LOL

Some people use DP ? (Dorothy Perkins ) Any ideas anyone ?
Old Jan 9th 2007, 7:08 pm
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

I must admit I do not know half of them either, so thanks for putting thread up LOL

Could be "Dear Partner", website I used to belong to had something similar with DH - Dear Husband
DS - Dear Son
you get the idea!

When I use IMHO - the H stands for humble
Old Jan 9th 2007, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dumb Pommes??????????????
Old Jan 9th 2007, 7:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jueinnz View Post

Dumb Pommes??????????????
That made me PMSL
Old Jan 9th 2007, 7:12 pm
Account Closed

I always thought LOL was Laughing out loud but when texting I use it for lots of love
Old Jan 9th 2007, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

soulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nice

I use IMHO as 'in my humble opinion'.

And yes, Dp, dh, dw, ds, ds1, dd2 etc have long been 'forum speak' for dear partner, dear husband, dear daughter, dear son etc (with numbers denoting eldest, youngest, or first husband, 2nd wife etc.).

TBH is 'to be honest'.

xx
Old Jan 9th 2007, 7:13 pm
Account Closed

That made me PMSL
Very good IMHO
Old Jan 9th 2007, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

So IMHO my OH should not ROFL or people may think he is a JAFA, though TBH i PMSL when I see it

just trying it out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.