Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING ??

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING ??

Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:28 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: WHAT ARE YOU SAYING ??

[QUOTE=mcuddy1;6092069]There must be some unwritten rules somewhere in BE, limiting the number of links to be posted. (If they were all "how wonderful life is in NZ" links) an eyelid would not be batted.
Conspiracy?[/QUOTE]

Sue has previously banned me from this forum and mainly due to my activity on the African ( previously South Africa ) forum.

I really don’t think the “preferred:” rose-tinted outlook is limited to the NZ forum.

In South Africa there are approximately 52 murders a day so it is difficult to pretend that everything is rosy but you would be surprised how some members still try.

It seems that real issues like having a virtual bar and where to buy Bisto are what the people want to discuss.

It is interesting that I have had a few folk (overseas) send me PMs saying that although my outlook may be deemed as negative I have a “balanced” perspective of NZ.

This whole site is ultimately a business and has goals that we as members do not understand and is not transparent. I would imagine that the main revenue streams of the site are advertising and therefore attracting new members is key.

Obviously advertisers or potentional advertisers will no doubt have a look at the different section on the site prior to advertising and if people are seen to not be having a good time (everything rosy) it could be a potential to put advertiser off.

Therefore it is more attractive to present the site to advertisers saying look, we have x amount of members, x amount of new members, x amount of posts etc etc.

You know – statistics. Not really a conspiracy.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:33 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Maz
No, just boredom.

Yeah, I agree, site moderating must be a real boring job but there again people love staying in Palmerston North
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Moderators - as a bit of a compromise could we have a sticky thread entitled "NZ in the news" or even "Alarming news stories about NZ"? Soupie and his mates could then post all their links there, and people who can't otherwise read the Herald website, for whatever reason, can look at them. Then everyone would be happy.
Thanks in anticipation
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 4:13 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi
Moderators - as a bit of a compromise could we have a sticky thread entitled "NZ in the news" or even "Alarming news stories about NZ"? Soupie and his mates could then post all their links there, and people who can't otherwise read the Herald website, for whatever reason, can look at them. Then everyone would be happy.
Thanks in anticipation
Tried that in the Africa forum but a certain member just double posted the links.

As this seems to be turning into a "lets have a go at the mods" I am going to close it.

Sue