Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

what are you doing now the dark is closing in

Old May 13th 2009, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light
Default what are you doing now the dark is closing in

well since the nights are getting darker earlier ive been putting my jimies on at 6.30 ish, just to get cosy and warm ( even started knitting), but tonight my 9 year old asked if we could please go for a run ( ive never ran in my life!!)
i really enjoyed it although i did walk quite a bit, and the house felt warm when we got back!!! i now feel more awake and it will defo be a permanant thing now.

so whats everyone else do on these cold dark nights????
Old May 13th 2009, 8:41 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what are you doing now the dark is closing in

Originally Posted by gina and danny
well since the nights are getting darker earlier ive been putting my jimies on at 6.30 ish, just to get cosy and warm ( even started knitting), but tonight my 9 year old asked if we could please go for a run ( ive never ran in my life!!)
i really enjoyed it although i did walk quite a bit, and the house felt warm when we got back!!! i now feel more awake and it will defo be a permanant thing now.

so whats everyone else do on these cold dark nights????
You need to update your location!

Good on you for giving it a go (and surviving!). It's true being outside and active certainly gives your energy levels a boost.

My evenings alternate between glasses of wine in front of TV/computer; gym/swimming, movies and evenings out with friends - more wine. So yes, emphasis is probably on wine ... Mind you that's not necessarily seasonal!
Old May 13th 2009, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light

have done the location thingy now, sorry miss!!!
Old May 13th 2009, 9:36 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry if you're near our age you'll be stiff in the morning, without a warm up/down!

I am stiff tonight and I just attended a course for coaches where we had to try some of the games - didn't stretch beforehand.

But good on ya for doing the excersise and besta luck for keeping it up. Endorphins can be addictive!

I just play football under lights and in the rain rather than in the light......different season, same old stuff!
Old May 13th 2009, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Down here in Tima-vegas we go for a walk with dogs and kids most nights, unless rained off as we have been the last few nights. We all have our own thing at nights - the kids do homework, or read, or computers. We either watch TV, study or sit on computers any of which may involve a wine or a whiskey. Somehow we've gotten into the goofy habit of watching the Cadbury Comedy Hour and playing charades in the advert breaks, using the cards from Pictionary. It's daft but it's fun. Sometimes we listen to music. We have teenagers so we rarely have nookie in the lounge anymore, as they go to bed after us. The circus is in town at the mo, so should be good. In the weekends there is sometimes a party or show, but often it's a more relaxed, later to bed, and slightly drunker, version of the same.
Old May 13th 2009, 7:16 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

looking on brit expats!
Old May 15th 2009, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

I know. Sad isn't It?

But what did you do in the UK, on a weekday, in shit weather?

Last edited by kiwinow; May 15th 2009 at 3:59 am. Reason: Mischief
Old May 15th 2009, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by kiwinow
I know. Sad isn't It?
And drinking wine.....oh wait I drink most of the time and drank wine and on the net in the UK !

might go and see the Star Trek movie
Old May 15th 2009, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, you should. I'm looking forward to that one too.
"Australia" is now out on DVD, so might get that this weekend. Get one for the kids, invite friends, drink wine...the rest is history.
Old May 15th 2009, 4:45 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kiwinow
Yes, you should. I'm looking forward to that one too.
"Australia" is now out on DVD, so might get that this weekend. Get one for the kids, invite friends, drink wine...the rest is history.
Saw Last Chance Harvey last night, Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson - I thoroughly enjoyed it. (And you get to drink wine in the cinema in Tauranga!)
Old May 15th 2009, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Saw Last Chance Harvey last night, Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson - I thoroughly enjoyed it. (And you get to drink wine in the cinema in Tauranga!)
Dont fancy that one or Australia, not my cup of tea! the new one with Nicholas cage looks good, coming soon... and I like Nichols cage

oh and whens Harry Potters new one out...I like Harry potter
Old May 15th 2009, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just so glad that I'm not the the first to have to admit to a horribly non-sporty kind of dark evening habit....I'm another on the couch with wine & TV/DVD/laptop person. I know I should be ashamed of myself, but I prefer exercise when warming up is all about muscles...not your entire body, and when it's light enough to see where you're going.
OK, I admit, I'm a seasonal couch potato
But I do waste a lot of my couch potato & wine drinking time on BE. Surely I should get Brownie points for that
Old May 15th 2009, 9:55 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Old May 15th 2009, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

most nights it's tv / laptop / cups a tea but we have just started a salsa dance class which was hilarious - best nights sleep we'd had in ages.
Old May 15th 2009, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Dont fancy that one or Australia, not my cup of tea! the new one with Nicholas cage looks good, coming soon... and I like Nichols cage

oh and whens Harry Potters new one out...I like Harry potter
Ooooh Knowing looks just like my kind of film. Will be sure to go see that when it opens next week. We are off to see Start Trek today and off to a Party next weekend and just doing what we please now the darker nights are here, great chance to slob around in jimmy jams!! Plus there is a good British drama starting next Wed on UKTV with Dawn French - love her acting. It is called Lark Rise to Castleford and so have marked that down to watch and hope it lives up to my expectations. Army Wives is back but they have put that on at 10.30 now on Thursday - too bloomin late for me!! Why do they mess with the TV and put good stuff on way too late. LOL !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.