Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What are you doing for Easter

What are you doing for Easter

Old Apr 14th 2006, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute
Default What are you doing for Easter

Happy Easter break to all. What are you all doing for easter? I'm just about to go and buy a leg of lamb and do Jamie Oliver's 5 hour lamb and veg cooked in a bottle of white wine, yummy!
Tommorrow we join the exodus of people at Heathrow for a week's holiday in Sicily.
Spoke to my boy this am who had been swimming up at kapiti today, said the water is cold but it was about 20 degrees, warmer than the Uk spring day we have here.
KAZ
Old Apr 14th 2006, 10:38 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you doing for Easter

Originally Posted by kaz Hen
Happy Easter break to all. What are you all doing for easter? I'm just about to go and buy a leg of lamb and do Jamie Oliver's 5 hour lamb and veg cooked in a bottle of white wine, yummy!
Tommorrow we join the exodus of people at Heathrow for a week's holiday in Sicily.
Spoke to my boy this am who had been swimming up at kapiti today, said the water is cold but it was about 20 degrees, warmer than the Uk spring day we have here.
KAZ
Well my husband is working and I suppose I shall be making dinner and maybe take the kids to Hagley Park to run around and wear themselves out!! One thing I noticed today is that all the shops are closed, I imagine it will be the same on Sunday. In the UK all the shops are open for the bank holidays and have been for a few years. Need to be more prepared from now on...

Sue
Old Apr 14th 2006, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

The village shop here was open yesterday but we heard that all the other shops would be shut friday and sunday.

Yesterday we had some new friends round for a beer and we all sat out in the sun admiring the beautiful sea views.

This morning its gorgeous weather again and Im going to ride my horse down to the sea as I havnt ridden him in ages now.

Tomorrow my OH is off fishing with a mate in his boat and I will go round to see his wife whos a good friend of mine and have a nice girly chat.

Monday we are catching up with some friends in the village for more beers.

Nice chilled out weekend! ...hope this lovely weather lasts!
Old Apr 14th 2006, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

yesterday we had some friends round for a play date and sat in the garden enjoying the sun
this morning i'm hoping to go fly a helicopter if it's not too windy then this evening hubby and son are going to watch the rugby at Jade Stadium.
not sure about the rest of the weekend - we're hoping to go sort out some mountain bikes on Monday for all of us.
Oh - and eating lots of chocolate along the way!!
Old Apr 14th 2006, 9:28 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

22 degrees in Auckland yesterday - 21 forecast today and tomorrow We're DIYing, going to the Stones concert tomorrow night, friends yesterday and Monday and generally enjoying being away from my crappy job for four whole days
Old Apr 15th 2006, 2:39 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Happy easter to All

Yep folks its a sad fact that NZ almost closes down completely on Good Friday & Easter Sunday. Ive just been talking to two of my sons in CHCH & at 29 & 27 they were both complaining at how much they hated everything being closed on those two days. They organised a sports quiz afternoon/evening at their place yesterday & had heaps of fun (& I suspect alcohol) Today they play rugby so this morning they were going to the local mall to get their fix as its not going to be open tomorrow.......funny that my sons like to hang out at the mall huh
I guess its just what your used to huh cos over here the only thing that closed for Good Friday was the schools & the banks. I find it strange but dont find it earth shattering.....we cope with whatever changes we have to dont we?
Easter Sunday I shall be doing the family thing with my US family,, enjoying each others company & probably eating way too much food
Monday it will be time for a long long walk to hopefully work off sundays meal