Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What would make NZ better?

What would make NZ better?

Old Nov 17th 2008, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would make NZ better?

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
Barbeque flavour hula hoops That would make NZ better for me personally.
Don't they do them in the English shop here Mandie?
Old Nov 17th 2008, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NZBee
Cheese and Onion pasties!!! now I have a craving....hmmm....maybe I should learn how to make them and start up a trade!!!
I made pasties this past winter only thing is for a proper cornish pasty you need a little bit of lard (mm yes all that fat!!) for the pastry to make a proper cornish pasty. I made them without of course but the pastry wasn't quite the same but they still were yummy. My son in law couldn't get enough of them!!
Old Nov 17th 2008, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Batty
I think this thread should have been called 'What would make NZ more like the UK?'
It is the familiarity that people miss....things you grow up with and become a regular fixture in life, I think it is true of any expat living anywhere in teh world.......other than that I am very glad NZ is not like the UK IMHO! I have nightmares about living back in the UK!! For all its faults (lack of M and S for one!), I love living in NZ, and can't wait to be a fully fledged citizen!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:53 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirl
I made pasties this past winter only thing is for a proper cornish pasty you need a little bit of lard (mm yes all that fat!!) for the pastry to make a proper cornish pasty. I made them without of course but the pastry wasn't quite the same but they still were yummy. My son in law couldn't get enough of them!!
Gingerbread shop occasionally gets them in but expensive and usually out of date - though still a nice treat. Wish they were just available all the time though!

You can get lard - proper lard - from the local butcher Shirl on the townstreet.