Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What were the last things you did before you left blighty?

What were the last things you did before you left blighty?

Old Dec 29th 2005, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

JoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant future
Default What were the last things you did before you left blighty?

So, what were the last things you did?
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What were the last things you did before you left blighty?

Originally Posted by JoannaD
packed, unpacked, repacked - darn that luggage allowance

partied, drank lots, saw lots of friends and families
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:10 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Last thing I did was stand outside my mums house and look across the valley at the view, breath in the cold morning air and listen to the bird song. It was very early morning and was really quiet apart from the birds, then we got in the car and drove to the airport with about a million friends following us to wave us off.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:40 pm
turkeytickler

Went to Paris to watch the tour de france final stage....

Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Said our Goodbyes to as many friends and reliies as we could.
Went to take some pictures of my Mothers grave (morbid I know!) & the church yard.
Also took pictures of the house my Great grandfather built where my father was born and brought up, and where I was born.
Daft but I am sentimental like that!
Glad I did now as we have not been able to afford a trip back and probably wont for some years to come.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JoannaD
Went to see Coldplay in Manchester the night before we flew, fantastic!
Then had a big english breakfast at the local cafe on the morning we set off!
Not very sentimental but what a way to go!
Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

* Watched all our belongings being put into a container and being driven away... that was emotional for some reason.

* Said goodbye to my best mate and my horse. (Shes looking after him for me)...didnt cry til my m8 started first!!

* Stayed at my mums for the last evening as our house had been cleaned ready for the tenents. Spent hours that last night crying in bed wondering if I would ever see my parents again.

* Said goodbye to my blue and silver Smart car as I sold it to a lady that lives opposite my parents.

* Cried as I hugged my dad goodbye and then spent most of the ride to LHR crying my eyes out.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:49 am
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by Winnie
Went to see Coldplay in Manchester the night before we flew, fantastic!
jeez - as if nz werent depressing enough you have to do that to yourself first??!

Old Dec 30th 2005, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default What were the last things you did before you left blighty?

Got laid.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 6:40 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Got laid.
Thanks for that.
I would have spent my last few £'s on some duty frees maybe.