Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What went in the container that shouldn't have?!

What went in the container that shouldn't have?!

Old Apr 16th 2010, 2:50 pm
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What went in the container that shouldn't have?!

Sorry if this is a little off topic but SWMBO has got it in her head that huge savings can be made by bringing a lifetime supply of Pantene (other shampoo's are available) when we move.

Before the rapidly growing stash takes over our entire utility room, does anyone know if MAF have objections to industrial quantities of hair products being put in containers?
Old Apr 16th 2010, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of

I use Aussie shampoo and I think I'll be deported straightaway!!!
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

seansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really nice
Default Re: Rant thread

We just finished unpacking all of our stuff from the move to Milford.
Now our stuff had been in storage for 6 weeks until we found a place.
When unpacking the last few boxes the Geniuses of removal men had packed our Cats Litter tray that was out side (to be disposed of) in a leather bound box - COMPLETE WITH POO !!!!!!!!!! WTF was going through their minds?!?!?!?!

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 13th 2011 at 5:19 am. Reason: copy post over coz it deserves a better airing
Old Jul 13th 2011, 5:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Here we go. I knew it had been mentioned before.

SeanSueplusTwo have topped it I think with the cat litter tray plus poo.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

yjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond repute

Well it was not supposed to be packed,, But the packers put my partners old fishing bag that was in the loft in the UK,,
Inside was essence of worm ,rotten maggots and decayed fish bait !!!
Needless to say MAFF did not spot it,, but we got an unpleasant surprise when we opened it in NZ
Old Jul 13th 2011, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Rachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really nice

Originally Posted by teeym
Sorry if this is a little off topic but SWMBO has got it in her head that huge savings can be made by bringing a lifetime supply of Pantene (other shampoo's are available) when we move.

Before the rapidly growing stash takes over our entire utility room, does anyone know if MAF have objections to industrial quantities of hair products being put in containers?
If you find out the answer to that one let me know, I am stocking up on shampoo and conditioners for red hair and my fave lush shower gels, to send in our container.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

I brought half of Boots with me... remember to tape up all bottle lids and line a box with plastic just in case of leakage.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Si19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud of

One of the P45's so we still can't do tax return.... remember certificates, references, insurance docs etc - I made a list on the front of an envelope and ticked it off as I added everything in....
Old Jul 13th 2011, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Rachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cappuccino
I brought half of Boots with me... remember to tape up all bottle lids and line a box with plastic just in case of leakage.
Half of Boots? things like what? trying to work out what to bring with me and what can buy reasonably in NZ.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 9:12 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this thread I've finally convinced OH we should bring all our stuff with us - he wanted to come over with just a suitcase of clothes! I'm going to have him read this thread
Old Jul 13th 2011, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Location: Dunfermline, Scotland soon to be North Shore Auckland
Lejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MattandJax

phew...glad weve got 50Kg each to use up
50kg seems loads - who you flying wit if you don't mind me asking?
Laura
Old Jul 13th 2011, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lejamez
50kg seems loads - who you flying wit if you don't mind me asking?
Laura
This thread is very old, they have flied already.

Our packers packed a bag of kitchen rubbish too, but the cat litter well that takes the cake for the packer of the year award.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
This thread is very old, they have flied already.

Our packers packed a bag of kitchen rubbish too, but the cat litter well that takes the cake for the packer of the year award.
I bet those packers have a right old laugh. Probably have a competition to see who can pack the most obscure item. Taken me a while to stop laughing at the cat litter plus poo post
Old Jul 14th 2011, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rant thread

Originally Posted by seansueplustwo
We just finished unpacking all of our stuff from the move to Milford.
Now our stuff had been in storage for 6 weeks until we found a place.
When unpacking the last few boxes the Geniuses of removal men had packed our Cats Litter tray that was out side (to be disposed of) in a leather bound box - COMPLETE WITH POO !!!!!!!!!! WTF was going through their minds?!?!?!?!

Old Jul 20th 2011, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rachelb82
Half of Boots? things like what? trying to work out what to bring with me and what can buy reasonably in NZ.
If you use half decent shampoo bring a ton with you!! It's so expensive out here. As an example Pantene is $25 a bottle and only available from pharmacies and department stores!!!
You can pick up cheap shampoos in the supermarket but they're really not the same

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.