Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

what to wear for flight

what to wear for flight

Old Sep 22nd 2008, 4:32 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what to wear for flight

zip up sandwich bags are usually the right size (20cmx20cm)

Some security staff are fussy about the fact that the bags are supposed to be clear bags (as in no writing all over them, no pictures, no obscuring the contents). Most staff are fine. Stupidest thing I have encountered was at Coollangatta Airport (Gold Coast, Australia) where the security guard would not let me go through without transferring my items out of my clear plastic bag which had writing on it.

The writing on the bag? "Brisbane international airport" and then the liquid restriction printed on the bag. But nope, to the Coollangatta staff, that looked dodgy!!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
zip up sandwich bags are usually the right size (20cmx20cm)

Some security staff are fussy about the fact that the bags are supposed to be clear bags (as in no writing all over them, no pictures, no obscuring the contents). Most staff are fine. Stupidest thing I have encountered was at Coollangatta Airport (Gold Coast, Australia) where the security guard would not let me go through without transferring my items out of my clear plastic bag which had writing on it.

The writing on the bag? "Brisbane international airport" and then the liquid restriction printed on the bag. But nope, to the Coollangatta staff, that looked dodgy!!
i had bought we travel size things in a fold up travel bag , which wen unfolded was clear on one side , but im para now and dont want to be the one holding up queues lol so im investing in clear bags lol, i was going to order the ones out of marks lou had talked about they have no writing on them or anything so should be fine, and stronger than sandwich bags im sure, which i would be para about using cos mines would be the ones to burst hehehe

ty so much for help

caz
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 9:31 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou

Thanks for the advice. Have looked at the holdalls on wheels, they look really good. Have got a backpack, so will check out luggage for the girls.

ta

xxxxxx

Yep mine both have backpacks too. Bought the first time they did UK-NZ which was when they were just 4 and 5.

Hubbie & I take spare clothes in our hand luggage (we have small wheelie cases) but they have soft toy/blanket/nintendo/book/sweets/pencil case/CD or ipod player in theirs. Aside from the nintendo/music player, we tend to put new things in their bags which I buy on sale throughout the year since we travel a fair bit. I always buy anything I see that would be perfect for a jouney - such as single unit playdough sets in Woolworths for example.

Oh and I always tear out a few pages of a number of colouring/puzzle/dot-to-dot type books plus internet printing and make up a folder full of fun and different things to do for them both. They don't need or want a whole colouring book for instance (unless they are very young and hence quick at colouring!)
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Thanks for the ideas.

Yes, I've been collecting a few things like magnetic dress up sets (ELC have a great one for 7.99 with two girls to dress, ideal if you have 2 girls!!) I also got two little rubber animals with mega stretchy arms and legs that stick to windows!! At least me and the OH will have something to play with if the kids don't want them!!!

Lou
xxxxxxxxx
Old Sep 26th 2008, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
i had bought we travel size things in a fold up travel bag , which wen unfolded was clear on one side , but im para now and dont want to be the one holding up queues lol so im investing in clear bags lol, i was going to order the ones out of marks lou had talked about they have no writing on them or anything so should be fine, and stronger than sandwich bags im sure, which i would be para about using cos mines would be the ones to burst hehehe

ty so much for help

caz
Hiya Caz,

Have you had your delivery from M & S yet?! I have. Think I might get some more. Finished work yesterday. Having a lazy morning (first in 4 years!!!) as girls are having last day at Kindy today. Gonna get some packing done later I think!

Hope it's all going well.

Lou
xxxxx
Old Sep 26th 2008, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou
Hiya Caz,

Have you had your delivery from M & S yet?! I have. Think I might get some more. Finished work yesterday. Having a lazy morning (first in 4 years!!!) as girls are having last day at Kindy today. Gonna get some packing done later I think!

Hope it's all going well.

Lou
xxxxx
so funny i was coming on to tell you i recieved my order, i got 2 lots of the 3 pk clear bags and the wee first aid pack thing... the bags are great and the middle size had a wee sticker saying for flight and going to usse bigger ones to put her wee snacks and things in them keep everything together

i got one holdall packed up the other day and got my grans scales to weigh b4 i put anymore in it.. but also got 2 of my bedrooms emptied so alot done phew

agency round at 4 today to take the pics to get house up for let.. my gran will sit in to wait for him as we have our xrays at 330 weeeeeeeeeeeeee

its all go huh?? but feels great to be getting things done
have a nice day packing and hope it all goes well

talk soon

caz x
Old Sep 26th 2008, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Cool!!

Yeah, it's great to get jobs done. I am being SO sad watching Trisha lol!!! Better get my bum off the sofa.

Good luck with the x-rays.

Lou
xxxxxx
Old Sep 26th 2008, 9:32 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Some great tips for anyone travelling with children

http://www.aafsw.org/articles/family/travelwithkids.htm

Nic