Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

what to wear for flight

what to wear for flight

Old Sep 18th 2008, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what to wear for flight

Originally Posted by jojobooster
One of my kids froze on the flight from LAX to Auckland inspite of layers and a blanket. She went blue and needed oxygen, though recovered quickly enough. So I would pack loads of extra layers/ thermals if we did it again

wow thats bad, and must of been scary... will def dress Lucy in layers for the plane journey and can just remove some if she to warm

caroline
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

thanx Caroline

Am just gonna order some holdalls from Argos! We are taking laptops with us. Where are you getting your laptop bag from? We only have the cheap one that fits the laptop but nothing else! So your hubbies sounds good.

Will definitely dress the girls in lots of layers. Thanx for the advice ladies!

Lou
xxxxx
Old Sep 18th 2008, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

vincesam is just really nicevincesam is just really nicevincesam is just really nicevincesam is just really nicevincesam is just really nicevincesam is just really nicevincesam is just really nicevincesam is just really nicevincesam is just really nice

Hi

we did the fly last Xmas, going via Hong Kong.

Best thing, as everyone has suggested is layers....we went Air NZ, premium economy and had seats in the upstairs part of the plane and it was BOILING hot.

We each took a small bag with a separate change of clothes and once @ Hong Kong airport, go up to the top level and there are great showers you can use. Think it was about $7 US dollars, private cubicle with wooden locking door on, towels, shower gel etc all provided. Fab !

You can get small packets of anti-deodorant wipes too from Tesco/Boots which are handy if you've got a fella that sweats a lot !
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou
thanx Caroline

Am just gonna order some holdalls from Argos! We are taking laptops with us. Where are you getting your laptop bag from? We only have the cheap one that fits the laptop but nothing else! So your hubbies sounds good.

Will definitely dress the girls in lots of layers. Thanx for the advice ladies!

Lou
xxxxx
hi pumpkin

not sure where he got bag but will ask him when he gets home

just been out today and bought all my travel stuff lol toiletries etc oh im getting excited hehe.. also bought a nice velour track suit and a few t shirts to change in the journey all out of pradamark lol so dont care if they get wrecked oh and a wee pair of slippers . i will let you knoe later about his bag

caz
Old Sep 18th 2008, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi again

ok im on Air Newzealand's web site looking at baggage allowence stuff .. it states the usaual all liquids must be 100ml or under and must all fit nicely into a clear fastening bag etc etc what i want to know is can u not use a wee toilet bag , only asking as since all the plastic bag stuff came in to operation i havnt once used once and always just used my bag and if so where do you get these bags?

also in another page it says the following
Exemptions to the restrictions on liquids and gels apply if they are to be used during the trip and are
either needed for medical purposes or are a special dietary requirement, including baby milk/food.

so does this mean you can use bigger than 100 ml bottle as they will be used to get washed and such things?

it also said personal items are allowed such as hand bags and slim line laptops so im taking that as i can have my hand luggage plus my hand bag or my lap top .. i swear they make the rules up every page lol ..

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/befor...in-baggage.htm
http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/resources/step_dec06.pdf

just in case anyone wants the links for own use

caz
Old Sep 18th 2008, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

I have only flown from Manchester in the Uk but if liquid items are not in a plastic bag they will give you one so that they can be transferred into it. The same thing happened at Auckland Airport as well. So you can imagine the hold up if everyone is swapping things over. So my advice to you is have your things in a plastic bag already and you will sail through. You cannot take bottles of water but you can buy them once through passport control. My opinion its just another way to make the customer pay more.

June
Old Sep 18th 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi lou

here is the link for laptop case http://www.laptopstuff.co.uk/p/TechA..._Briefcase.htm

hope this helps

caz
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Hiya Caz,

Thanx for that.

Check out Marks and Spencers website for travel an bauty products. they have a clear plastic bag and little bottles which look good. You can put your fave products in for the flight.

When and where are you going Caz?

Lou
xxxxxx
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hiya Caz,

Thanx for that.

Check out Marks and Spencers website for travel an bauty products. they have a clear plastic bag and little bottles which look good. You can put your fave products in for the flight.

When and where are you going Caz?

Lou
xxxxxx
ty , wish id looked earlier been on for ages looking for clear bags that dont cost a fortune lol,

we are going to New Plymouth at 1st then hawera OH job starts on 15th Dec so not long now. where are you going ?

caz
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

they bags are great, i have our wee toiletry items anyway so only need the clear bag, going to order the set of 3 and will do for each of our own wee things, ty so much for that

caz
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hiya

Glad to help!! This site is fab!!!

We are off to Wellington on 19th October. OH applying for IT jobs now. Am excited and nervous! It's nice surfing the net for travel things as it makes it feel like a holiday!!!

Happy Packing!!!

Lou
xxxxxx
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hiya

Glad to help!! This site is fab!!!

We are off to Wellington on 19th October. OH applying for IT jobs now. Am excited and nervous! It's nice surfing the net for travel things as it makes it feel like a holiday!!!

Happy Packing!!!

Lou
xxxxxx
lol yea i love it i get so excited

happy packing to and gl with jobs

caz
Old Sep 20th 2008, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Sorry just wanted to chip in we just bought a luggage set fron Argos it was a right bargain 3 cases 28" 26" and hand luggage one all on wheels alson came with a holdall wash bag and document bag for £31.49

I've just bought a tracksuit for our flight in 5 weeks but not sure if it will go with my cork hat?
Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Sorry just wanted to chip in we just bought a luggage set fron Argos it was a right bargain 3 cases 28" 26" and hand luggage one all on wheels alson came with a holdall wash bag and document bag for £31.49

I've just bought a tracksuit for our flight in 5 weeks but not sure if it will go with my cork hat?
Lol!!

Yes, I have a Kiwi Fruit hat that my friend Frenchy and her hubby Mark had for their leaving do 2 years ago!!! Need to find a puce coloured tracksuit now to go with it he he!!!

Those cases sound a real bargain!!!!!
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:41 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
ok i know this probably sounds stupid, but furthest i have flown is florida, so was wandering what you guys wore and packed to change into during the flight, i have a 2 year old so any info would be great

thanks

caroline

Agree with others, loose clothing and at least one complete change for everyone - accidents happen! Youngest always wears shorts - she overheats towards the end of each long sector of any flight she has ever been on. Come to think of it, I can't recall the last time I was cold on a plane - but often get hot. Climate change!!

My big recommendations are:

- a small water face spray (empty bottle that I fill on the plane)

- crocs! Quick to take on and off (toilets) and easy to put on at end of flight even if your feet swell. Truly brilliant.

- pair of comfy socks, neck pillow, ear plugs & fleece for sleeping

- a packet of hard sweets to suck during multiple landings

- and finally, stuff to kill the tiiiimmmmeeeeee ..................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.