Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

what to wear for flight

what to wear for flight

Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default what to wear for flight

ok i know this probably sounds stupid, but furthest i have flown is florida, so was wandering what you guys wore and packed to change into during the flight, i have a 2 year old so any info would be great

thanks

caroline
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what to wear for flight

I always end up either too hot or too cold on the plane so I'd suggest layers are a good idea. Also taking a change of clothes is worth considering.

On one flight from UK to NZ my OH was covered in apple juice by the guy sitting next to him within 2 hours of taking off on the first leg.

Fortunately he had a change of clothes but it wouldn't have been much fun if he'd had to spend 24 hours slightly damp and sticky
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

I agree with the above poster. I wore a long sleeve Tshirt because I always find the plane has the potential to be too cold at times and brought a jacket. A change of clothes is a great idea. We brought two changes for each kid in their bags and some for us. The flight is more boring than tough. I mean, you sit for so long and how much tv can anyone watch? However, it all comes to an end with a sigh of relief.

It was fun collecting the bags, going to the immigration officer and she asking each of the kids who they were while she looked at their passports. It was nice. We found we were tired by 9pm every night for weeks and needed to go to bed.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

On one of our flights there was a guy who changed into his PJ's after laughing for a few mins, I thought actually that was a good idea, I put a pair or slippers in my bag, first thing I do is take my shoes of and slap abit of moisturiser on my face. I would take spare clothes for the kids and me (lightweight stuff) and a couple of nappies for the kids (just in case), my son was 4 when we flew but got hit by a D & V bug whilst on the plane, so the nappies came in real handy!

I also take, ear plugs and eye mask, just so I can stop all the noise around me. I wear loose clothing, my view is, who cares what you look like when you get off a 28 hr flight.

All the best
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
ok i know this probably sounds stupid, but furthest i have flown is florida, so was wandering what you guys wore and packed to change into during the flight, i have a 2 year old so any info would be great

thanks

caroline
Definitely several layers and definitely a change of clothes, particularly with a 2 yr old. Mine threw her dinner up over me 1 1/2 hrs out of Hong Kong and covered several seats and several other passengers too.

Some parecetamol for the 2 yr old is essential, plus plenty of things to do. Its a big help if the airline has personal screens/computers for each passenger, as it really occupies the youngsters. Singapore Airlines do, so do Air New Zealand, but Lufthansa dont.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:02 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

I would wear clothes
Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
I would wear clothes
that sorted that problem out then tyty

thanks for all info, was thinking of packing a couple of pairs of jammies for Lucy and maybe a couple changes, just not sure on us yet , but def pack changes.. oh yea and my slippers cos i always take my shoes of as soon as we take off

caroline
Old Sep 15th 2008, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Some people find jeans very uncomfortable - too many seams! Definitely layers, earplugs, eyemask and a bucket full of moisturiser. Clean underwear,change of top, toothbrush etc.. just realised why I have so much handluggage
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Some people find jeans very uncomfortable - too many seams! Definitely layers, earplugs, eyemask and a bucket full of moisturiser. Clean underwear,change of top, toothbrush etc.. just realised why I have so much handluggage
think i will invest in a cheap track suit, as i dont own one and take a few tops to change into, have a wee toilitries bag packed already with mini tooth paste , brush etc
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

think i will invest in a cheap track suit, as i dont own one and take a few tops to change into, have a wee toilitries bag packed already with mini tooth paste , brush etc
I always manage to look like a pile of ***** by the time arrive, no matter what I do! But I guess we all look the same after 28odd hours on the move.Check the drawers in the toilet area early in the flight, that's where the freebies are and they go quick!Those packs of wet wipes/cleansers are useful too.When do you fly out?
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Flight socks - reduce the risk of DVT/also stops you getting swollen feet & ankles .
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Flight socks - reduce the risk of DVT/also stops you getting swollen feet & ankles .
Mmmmm and sooo sexy........
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

I always manage to look like a pile of ***** by the time arrive, no matter what I do! But I guess we all look the same after 28odd hours on the move.Check the drawers in the toilet area early in the flight, that's where the freebies are and they go quick!Those packs of wet wipes/cleansers are useful too.When do you fly out?
not booked flights yet but OH job starts on the 15th Dec so looking at maybe the 7th with air NZ via San Fran as i dont want LAX as im scared lol, but we need the luggage allowence as we not sending a container over so will be packing everything
... i will have lucys baby wipes so stocked up in that area .. Freebies in the toilet wow never heard of that b4.. what kind of freebies lol i love a freebie, hell im female of course i do

never had the sexy flight socks b4 though i have always said i will get them, and yes i do to look like a pile of s*** after any flight never mind a 30 hour one lol
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmm and sooo sexy........
So you're planning to join the mile high club (or maybe a member already) & don't want to put any potentials off ,hey??
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

.. Freebies in the toilet wow never heard of that b4.. what kind of freebies lol i love a freebie, hell im female of course i do
On Korean Air there was soap, toothpaste and toothbrushes.other flights there's been handcream, moisturiser etc. It's worth a look. And on your way off if they send you out through Premium Economy or Business Class casually collect the eyemasks and socks....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.