Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What is the top 3 most wanted items from uk?

What is the top 3 most wanted items from uk?

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

sammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant future
Default Re: What is the top 3 most wanted items from uk?

[QUOTE=SarahB;5266619]I threw or gave away all my baby stuff so I had to buy from scratch again this time. Bits and bobs I couldnt find in the shops I got people to send over from UK for me. QUOTE]

Yeah, I gave away all my baby stuff too, had a few little things which I brought (I knew I'd have one more baby!) I did manage to buy a mamas and papas pliko buggy with all its accessories from TradeMe though. A bit bizarre as we are from Huddersfield where Mamas and Papas make their stuff!! Seems our buggy has done the same trip as us!!

I know what you mean about the sizing. I just went to pumpkin patch to buy him some clothes as I figured they'd last?!

We're off back home at Xmas for 4 weeks so will be visiting the January sales for kids clothes and Clarks for shoes, thats if I can stand the crowds?

Like with you, the mother-in-law has been priceless in sending over bits and bobs from the UK that you just cant get here.

Am so looking forward to coming back to the summer months though and nice walks with the baby

Ying and yang...
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammymac
Yeah, I gave away all my baby stuff too, had a few little things which I brought (I knew I'd have one more baby!) I did manage to buy a mamas and papas pliko buggy with all its accessories from TradeMe though. A bit bizarre as we are from Huddersfield where Mamas and Papas make their stuff!! Seems our buggy has done the same trip as us!!

I know what you mean about the sizing. I just went to pumpkin patch to buy him some clothes as I figured they'd last?!

We're off back home at Xmas for 4 weeks so will be visiting the January sales for kids clothes and Clarks for shoes, thats if I can stand the crowds?

Like with you, the mother-in-law has been priceless in sending over bits and bobs from the UK that you just cant get here.

Am so looking forward to coming back to the summer months though and nice walks with the baby

Ying and yang...
I wasnt going to have any more kids... I was adamant. Thats why it all went... apart from stacks of bibs and the moses basket!

You'll be OK with the PP clothes.... they wash and wear really well. Just been browsing through their new catalogue with a friend earlier today.

My mates been back in UK for 7 weeks now and she got there just in time for the Next sale... she got up at 4am to get there in time!! Ive never done that! lol

My mum and my brother send me over Next clothes now and then... and sometimes I find a bargain on Trademe. As for clothes for me... I ordered online at Dorothy Perkins, got it sent to my mum and she sent it over to me... good old mum!! Just sent her a large goodie parcel to say thank you.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

sammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SarahB
got it sent to my mum and she sent it over to me... good old mum!! Just sent her a large goodie parcel to say thank you.
I must do that for my mother-in-law! She sent us a BT digital baby monitor that I had sent to her house... the postage for it was £26?! Yikes!

She never complains about posting stuff to us, bless her!

PP is very cool and very like kids Next isnt it?! We buy from K-mart too but mostly for kindy clothes.

Am ready for the trip home, we'll have been here over 2 years by then and its our 1st trip back.

Some shops do deliver internationally dont they? Blooming marvellous delivery to Australia, but not NZ! Top Shop deliver to Australia but not NZ! Dunno why not?! Ah well, I like Max here but even they dont wash very well and aren't made to last very well, even though they are quite pricey for NZ.
I bought a top which was quite flowing and wide from Dotti, that I thought I could wear whilst pregnant, cost be $70, went past K-Mart and the EXACT same top was in there for $25, needless to say I took it back to Dotti and got the money back! Cheeky bleeders!

Anyway, like I say Ying and yang...

My son said to me out of the blue the other day, "Mummy if I was in England do you know what I'd be saying?" "I'd be saying, Please take me to New Zealand, Pleeeeaaaassssseeeee!....." Made me laugh out loud
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I must do that for my mother-in-law! She sent us a BT digital baby monitor that I had sent to her house... the postage for it was £26?! Yikes!

She never complains about posting stuff to us, bless her!

PP is very cool and very like kids Next isnt it?! We buy from K-mart too but mostly for kindy clothes.

Am ready for the trip home, we'll have been here over 2 years by then and its our 1st trip back.

Some shops do deliver internationally dont they? Blooming marvellous delivery to Australia, but not NZ! Top Shop deliver to Australia but not NZ! Dunno why not?! Ah well, I like Max here but even they dont wash very well and aren't made to last very well, even though they are quite pricey for NZ.
I bought a top which was quite flowing and wide from Dotti, that I thought I could wear whilst pregnant, cost be $70, went past K-Mart and the EXACT same top was in there for $25, needless to say I took it back to Dotti and got the money back! Cheeky bleeders!

Anyway, like I say Ying and yang...

My son said to me out of the blue the other day, "Mummy if I was in England do you know what I'd be saying?" "I'd be saying, Please take me to New Zealand, Pleeeeaaaassssseeeee!....." Made me laugh out loud
My mum is the same! If she ever counted up how much all the parcels have cost it would run into many hundreds of pounds over the 2 years! Thats why I thought it about time I sent something back to them. I do offer to pay the postage for her but she never accepts.

We have been here 2 years too but I dont think we are going back just yet. I'd like to go back next August as its mum and dads golden anniversary but they might come here in January anyway.... we will see.

PP is good. They have some nice things in there at the moment... I love the pale pretty blue and yellow range they have there at the moment. All my sons trousers and shorts are from there as hes got no bum and they have adjustable waists.

I buy from K-mart all the time. The clothes range for little girls is pretty good and very pretty colours. I have a few snobby mates lol... and they admire something my LO might be wearing, I say its from Kmart and they are totally shocked.

Sorry to the OP for hijacking the thread! So I guess we need a Next shop, a Dorothy Perkins and maybe a Top Shop? lol
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Yeah sorry about that!

Top shop do a maternity range now apparently, thats why I'd looked into it

K-Mart do some fab clothes, I dont like spending tonnes of money on kids clothes when they just grow out of them! Am the 1st in the sales too

I hope you have a fab time with your parents in Jan, and maybe the trip home too in August.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah sorry about that!

Top shop do a maternity range now apparently, thats why I'd looked into it

K-Mart do some fab clothes, I dont like spending tonnes of money on kids clothes when they just grow out of them! Am the 1st in the sales too

I hope you have a fab time with your parents in Jan, and maybe the trip home too in August.
Thanks.... I have a feeling neither might happen.... mums health isnt too good at the moment.... and I dont think my OH wants to go back next year.

When I was preggy last year I ordered what I wanted from Dorothy Perkins and MIL sent it over for me. I use DP as I know exactly what size I am in their clothes.

How preggy are you now? I hope you are feeling well.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

I have 7 weeks to go so am nicely huge! Might punch the next person who tells me I look like I'm ready to drop!

Baby boy will be born by section on the 25th Oct. The other 2 were Emergency sections so this one will be a little calmer! My other children are 6 and 4, so the youngest starts school in Feb.

Dont know whether we're crazy going back to nappies again, but we're very excited

3rd and final though...

Hope your mum gets well soon x
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks. I looked like Id swallowed a beach-ball, I was so huge! I dont enjoy being pregnant and too old now to do it again.... 2 is enough for me! My little lad is 3 and at afternoon kindy.... hes such a little sweetheart. His baby sister is nearly 8 months and a terror already!.... such a cute terror though! Off to bed now for me... take care x
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

I dont enjoy being pregnant and too old now to do it again....
Ditto!!!

Night night
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=SarahB;5266619]I agree about the Weetbix.... its pretty gross. QUOTE]

I've only tried the weetbix dry with butter on and it definitely tastes the same as UK version but maybe with milk on it's a different story...certainly looks very different.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=luvwelly;5267019]
I agree about the Weetbix.... its pretty gross. QUOTE]

I've only tried the weetbix dry with butter on and it definitely tastes the same as UK version but maybe with milk on it's a different story...certainly looks very different.
You would think it would taste the same wouldnt you after all its the same stuff!! Ho hum
Old Sep 4th 2007, 12:50 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Toffee crisps - you cant even get them in the Sylvia Park Pak & Save!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dazal
you could try GM in Auckland
http://www.gourmetmemories.co.nz/index.php
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:47 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazal
If that dont work then how about the British shops on the shore and in Orewa (Brampits or whatever - I walk past at lightening pace in order to resist any temptation) - I'd ask inside as well as you nevr know what might get delivered on the next container!!