What should I do?

Old Apr 27th 2007, 1:13 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of
Default Re: What should I do?

Originally Posted by Nisey
Ok,

Reccie arranged, flights, hotel and rental car arranged, 5 interviews so far set up for Auckland, we have shortlisted suburbs to visit and are going to visit a school and trip up to Bay of Islands to see some people we know who have been giving us lots of info on NZ. What else should we absolutely do when in auckland? My brain is befuddled with all the planning.

Denise
Hellooo

My suggestions would be:

1. Dolphin Explorer - either from Bay of Islands or can be done from Auckland too.
2. Kelly Tarlton's and Mission Bay
3. Kumeu for a wine trail
4. Waiheke Island - can be done in a day trip
5. Parnell
6. Devonport on the Ferry
7. The Auckland Explorer Bus which is a hop on hop off bus and will take you to 14 attractions in one day and is about $30 pp I think.
8. Princes Wharf & Viaduct

If you need any more info at all just PM me as have a really good book with tons more info so if there anything specific you want to know, just let me know.

The weather hopefully should be ok. We sometimes have really nice weather in May and if it stays like it is at the moment, well then its lovely. The days are still sunny and warm but the evenings are starting to get a bit colder though.

Hope that helps and have a good time.

Old Apr 27th 2007, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Avid
Dai Henwood has played at the Tokyo Comedy Store.....I didn't see the show but if it was anything like his TV work he probably came on stage as a Kamikaze pilot with orange peel stuck in his mouth shouting 'banzai'.....
Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:29 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Ok,

Reccie arranged, flights, hotel and rental car arranged, 5 interviews so far set up for Auckland, we have shortlisted suburbs to visit and are going to visit a school and trip up to Bay of Islands to see some people we know who have been giving us lots of info on NZ. What else should we absolutely do when in Auckland? My brain is befuddled with all the planning.

Denise
You might like to just spend your time wandering around getting the feel of the place. A vacation and a permanent move are two VERY different things but if you spend your whole time bungee jumping and looking for dolphins you won't have any idea about the reality of living here.

If I were you, I'd just wander around Auckland soaking up the atmosphere. You'll get a better idea of what NZ is like shopping for groceries in the supermarket than jumping off the sky tower.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Nisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant future

Very wise Avid, but i have to have some fun too, after a long haul flight,5 interviews and being all serious and grown up about which neighbourhood to live in and the quality of the schools we might send our precious girls to, I fancy having a pint and kicking back a little. All work and no play makes me a very dull girl....besides having my hubby all to myself for one week with no crying whinging kids can only mean one thing ........Lots of sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:30 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

having my hubby all to myself for one week with no crying whinging kids can only mean one thing ........Lots of sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah right!

Do this on your last day, you won't regret it:

Wow... that's the only photo I have uploaded from the 850 I took.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:02 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Very wise Avid, but i have to have some fun too, after a long haul flight,5 interviews and being all serious and grown up about which neighbourhood to live in and the quality of the schools we might send our precious girls to, I fancy having a pint and kicking back a little. All work and no play makes me a very dull girl....besides having my hubby all to myself for one week with no crying whinging kids can only mean one thing ........Lots of sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well ok...just one jump then. If I jumped off the skytower I'd bring the thing crashing down.....
Old Apr 28th 2007, 5:41 am
Banned

AlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the rough

Spend some time in ponsonby doing the nighlife. It's the best place in Auckland!
Old Apr 28th 2007, 7:30 am
Just Joined

Zak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really nice

We live in Cockle Bay as we have 3 children 7,8 &9 and it's a lovely place to live but depends how close you want to be to the city. Although we are close to Sylvia Park & Botany (need to shop!) Might be worth a look for you though.