Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What Shall I Do ????

What Shall I Do ????

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

shell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant future
Default What Shall I Do ????

Hi everyone just wanted to tell you about a small problem i have..
I woke up this morning at 0530am to a loud knocking and scratching noise, i went straight outside ( yes in my PJ's ) .. I live in a bungalow so went to check the roof for any birds there weren't any,so i thought its some animal stuck in the loft,squirrel,bird, etc.I left for work at 0715am and the noise was still bad, came home from work and it was still the same.OH is away working again so i went to ask a neighbour if he could check my loft as i was too scared,he came over checked but there is not a thing up there, he could also hear the noise though down in the kitchen, we now think the animal is stuck in the wall between the kitchen and bathroom and maybe has got in through an old vent....
My problem is I've got a viewing in the morning if its still going on how do i explain this noise, shall i just come clean and tell them or try and hide the noise i'll get the dishwasher,washing machine and everything else going.
HELP !!!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:42 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Shall I Do ????

Originally Posted by shell and mark
I woke up this morning at 0530am to a loud knocking and scratching noise, i went straight outside ( yes in my PJ's ) .. I live in a bungalow so went to check the roof for any birds there weren't any,so i thought its some animal stuck in the loft,squirrel,bird, etc.I left for work at 0715am and the noise was still bad, came home from work and it was still the same.OH is away working again so i went to ask a neighbour if he could check my loft as i was too scared,he came over checked but there is not a thing up there, he could also hear the noise though down in the kitchen, we now think the animal is stuck in the wall between the kitchen and bathroom and maybe has got in through an old vent....
My problem is I've got a viewing in the morning if its still going on how do i explain this noise, shall i just come clean and tell them or try and hide the noise i'll get the dishwasher,washing machine and everything else going.
HELP !!!!!

I'd sh**t myselff if I'd been on my own!!

Personally I'd get someone in to get it out. What if it croaks it down there? It might turn a bit wiffy

Can you appeal to someones, ANYONES!!!! better nature to try & find out what & where it is Either that or delay your viewing.

Ohhhhhh!!!! I don't know & I'm sorry I can't help

Sent you some go away karma!!! ( anythings worth a go once!! )
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

shell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant future

Thanx Guys
I did s--t myself ............
The only way for it to come out is to take the internal wall down unless it can get out the way it came in...
My neighbour was really good ...but he thinks we might have to put poison down there,and if the poor thing dies and starts to smell i'll just have to buy aload of pot pouri and Ambi pur plug ins HaHa !!!
I've got a viewing monday night aswell, typical isn't it !! Haven't had any for a few weeks then they come all at once when i can do without it...Never Mind.

shell x
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:02 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanx Guys
The only way for it to come out is to take the internal wall down unless it can get out the way it came in...
My neighbour was really good ...but he thinks we might have to put poison down there,and if the poor thing dies and starts to smell i'll just have to buy aload of pot pouri and Ambi pur plug ins HaHa !!!
I've got a viewing monday night aswell, typical isn't it !! Haven't had any for a few weeks then they come all at once when i can do without it...Never Mind.

shell x
I was in bed one night when Hubby was out and I heard this noise in the loft, like a dragginf/scurrying noise right over my head. We live in an old house and I was convinced we had a ghost - would not get out of bed!! Then in the morning I thought nothing of it. Picked then 5 year old son up after school and he'd been telling his teachers we had a ghost. This being the son I had NOT mentioned the previous night's noises to?!

Sadly it turned out to be rats - nice!! We could hear them scampering up the inside walls. They'd gnawed away the outside foam pipe casing and got in through the hole the kitchen pipes came out of.

I'd go with every appliance on and then phone the council or rentokil first thing Monday morning.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx Guys

shell x

Put the washer on and the music on loud - talk to them all the time, or borrow a screaming kid.
Good luck.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:55 am

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

HELP !!!!!
How about the RSPCA...If still no luck then i think it's the load music option...But DON'T breath a word of it to your viewers, they may freak
Good luck
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

My viewers have been and gone and i think i got away with it i put the washing machine on, and being a gobby scouser managed to keep them talkin....
I actually thought whatever it was had gone cos it was so quiet this morning but no such luck the Bl--dy thing woke up.....think i'm cracking up i've been talking to it,still only another week till OH comes home !!
Thanx For All the Advice
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:25 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

You should start worrying when you're STILL talking it and your OH gets home and can't hear anything. Then you're in trouble! We had rats in Aussie in our roof, and we were in darwin, so it was tropical weather. A guy came and put poison down and I asked what would happen (not the obvious, I mean how long would it take the Grim Reaper of animals to pop by). He said that poison makes animals thirsty, so that's what usually makes them leave, but if they're trapped and die, he said it would only smell for a couple of days and that was as I said, in tropical temperatures. I guess you could always find some sort of pest control company. Very eerie! Your'll have to try and discover how it got in so you can stop it happening again.

Eek!! Girl power mate for being so brave!