Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What are the rules regards Franchise opportunities

What are the rules regards Franchise opportunities

Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:46 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light
Default What are the rules regards Franchise opportunities

I found a franchise that looks really promising as its in the very line of work that I currently do. Thing is would I be allowed to come into NZ without the work visa and then go for this.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:40 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What are the rules regards Franchise opportunities

Not sure. I think you'll either need to apply under the EOI system or go for the investor category.

It's not a Greenacres franchise is it?!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

daveandjue123 is a jewel in the roughdaveandjue123 is a jewel in the roughdaveandjue123 is a jewel in the roughdaveandjue123 is a jewel in the roughdaveandjue123 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by wimpy
I found a franchise that looks really promising as its in the very line of work that I currently do. Thing is would I be allowed to come into NZ without the work visa and then go for this.
Hi, likely to LTBV (Long Term Business Visa).

There is a site and forum dedicated to this type of visa, will try and dig it out but maybe tomorrow.,

Cheers

Dave
Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wimpy
hi i would send CCGM.IN.NZ a PM ....Carol will be able to give you some info on franchise's.....they have done this....and are loving the experience...jacky
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of

Hi Wimpy, Jacky's right. We came over on LTBV 15 months ago and bought a franchise. So far, so good. Pleased to offer any advice, just ask away. Also I think this was the link Dave was thinking of http://benz1.com/ltbv/. Some useful stuff on here, lots of others who have done just the same. Carol
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Charlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant future

Wimpy, you will get a lot of info from the NZ Franchise magazine at www.franchise.co.nz. They will also send you a free copy of the latest mag (which from memory is bi-monthly).
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

daveandjue123 is a jewel in the roughdaveandjue123 is a jewel in the roughdaveandjue123 is a jewel in the roughdaveandjue123 is a jewel in the roughdaveandjue123 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by CCGM.IN.NZ
Hi Wimpy, Jacky's right. We came over on LTBV 15 months ago and bought a franchise. So far, so good. Pleased to offer any advice, just ask away. Also I think this was the link Dave was thinking of http://benz1.com/ltbv/. Some useful stuff on here, lots of others who have done just the same. Carol
Hi

That is the link I was looking for! There is a guy on there called Ben who is a Guru on the forum but also a resident expert Jamie Smith. You can contact him on the forum but his company website has a lot of good info. They specialize in formulating Business reports for NZIS submission. http://www.statesponsorship.com.au./

Good luck.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:22 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks all, plenty to be getting on with there
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

You lot practice mind reading??? Saved me asking, great links thanks