Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What IT quals do I need?

What IT quals do I need?

Old Feb 18th 2010, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What IT quals do I need?

Originally Posted by wooah
102 pages???!!! That's an awful lot of prior learning
10 years experience but there is a LOT you have to answer. The RPL in Australia is basically not explaining what you learnt, but HOW you learnt it. There was 8 difference sections you have to fill out explaining each different area, what you learnt, how you learnt it and how you used it in the role. Plus then you have to submit 2 project reports based on projects you have done, which are relevenet to the experience you have gained and explain how you applied that.

Plus you have to get references from all your previous employers which explain what you did for them and have this tie up with you experience described in the RPL.

Put bluntly it was an horrific experience to do, but at least I passed.

Then Oz immigration changes the rules on the visa so it was pointless in the end anyway, but I'm not bitter as it meant I came to New Zealand and I have never been happier than I am in kiwi land