British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   What pension transfer advisor. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/what-pension-transfer-advisor-855531/)

toolpath Mar 30th 2015 12:43 am

What pension transfer advisor.

Does anyone know of a good pension advisor for transferring my UK private pension to NZ? I have been quoted $1000 for advice through an accountancy firm and was wondering if this was the norm.:unsure:

BEVS Mar 30th 2015 2:43 am

Re: What pension transfer advisor.

Originally Posted by toolpath (Post 11606128)
Does anyone know of a good pension advisor for transferring my UK private pension to NZ? I have been quoted $1000 for advice through an accountancy firm and was wondering if this was the norm.:unsure:

He cannot promote himself but we do have our very own , tried and tested, ChCh4Me.

Please click HERE .

RobClubley Mar 30th 2015 2:44 am

I used BritsNZ.

Mike was really helpful.

BritsNZ, Helping make your move to New Zealand complete. Immigration, investment, pension transfers and migration information for living in, working in, or moving to new zealand. - UK Pension Transfers

escapedtonz Mar 30th 2015 6:15 am

Dai Eveleigh at First Capital Financial Services.
He is on the forum every now and then giving free advice but I can never remember his forum name ?
He's been fantastic.
Has stepped us through the transfer of both mine and my wife's uk final salary schemes into an NZ superannuation scheme, explaining all our options.
Is also managing the investment of the capital in this country depending on your agreed risk profile to ensure maximum growth yada yada.
Also hasn't cost a penny up front. His company only get payment when the transfer is made by taking a % of the transfer value as commission so all that happens is the pension transfer value reduces ever so slightly when it enters the nz scheme.

janiejones Mar 30th 2015 7:17 am

Seconding Dai Eveleigh, aka Chch4me.

Hazelnut Mar 30th 2015 4:34 pm

I met with Dai/ChCh4Me when I was over on a fact finding tour last year and husband and I were impressed enough to say we'd go with Dai if and when we make it over there.

chc4me Mar 30th 2015 8:09 pm

Thank you for the kind words and references - very heartwarming!!

Chocoholics Mar 30th 2015 8:37 pm

I've seen so much positive feedback on the forum for chc4me now I would certainly use him if I need to in the future.

DandJMay Mar 31st 2015 4:19 am

I belong to the Dai Eveleigh fanclub. His advice is straight forward, straight to the point and appropriate. He works in a timely fashion, massively organised in terms of paperwork and is very approachable. My transfer is quite complete but is moving along smoothly :-)