Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What to pack in container

What to pack in container

Old May 22nd 2008, 11:04 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all
Default Re: What to pack in container

It's not that bad, you can get almost anything. You may not get the brand names you are used to, but the brands here work. The only thing I regret not bringing are ' blackout curtain liners' from Rosebury's.

I'm going back to the UK in Feb 09 and the only things I intend to bring back are 'blackout curtain liners'.

Bring all you DVD's etc, they are compatable, we brough over 150 and they work. I brought everything except the kitchen sink (and washing machine).

Until you get used to the prices it can appear expensive, but it's all comparative to salaries.
Old May 22nd 2008, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all
Default Re: What to pack in container

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
The only thing I truly wish I had a container load of is Clarks shoes for my 2 younger kids

I can't find a decent pair of shoes especially for my 9 year old girl.

The eldest girl is now wearing $150 Overlander shoes for school we did the Number1 shoes and Dowsons in the first term and $75 later both pairs ended up in the bin, so we have bit the bullet and flashed the cash in the hope that this pair will last the winter, only time will tell
I've been buying shoes and kids clothes bundles on ebay. For the next couple of sizes up and then sticking it in the loft to bring. Works out quite cheaply and its something I'd do anyway even if we weren't moving. Kids wear stuff for such a short time I don't think its worth spending loads on their stuff.