Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What Nu Zillund TV shows could they make.

What Nu Zillund TV shows could they make.

Old Oct 16th 2011, 3:13 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default What Nu Zillund TV shows could they make.

The problem with TVNZ is they have to make some local content, and frankly it’s always rubbish. Well not always I mean ‘Outrageous Fortune’ was worth watching for about half a season but you know what I mean. Like ‘Nothing Trivial’

What TV shows could TVNZ make where they borrow the format but make it better and more Kiwi? Not like ‘The Apprentice’ or ‘New Zealands Next Mediocre Model’ where they basically just stole the whole show.

So for example you’ve all see ‘The Only Way Is Essex’ but why don’t we have ‘The Only Way Is Tauranga’ where they could get Daniel Carter (former all blacks star and now washed up gym owner) and Tamati Coffey (who used to be almost famous) along with some pretty but not famous spoiled kids.m Cost to make: $10, estimated run length: 1 season.

Also I was very impressed by "Oz and James's Big Wine Adventure" but the New Zealand version will be "Pita and Paul's Big Cultural Extraveganza" in which Dr. Pita Shaples teaches Paul Henry, while sail around small Pacific islands togeather, about native ways of life and traditions. Cost to make: 1 boat, estimated run length: forever funny.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 6:44 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What Nu Zillund TV shows could they make.

OOOO, tough one. How about Gavin and Stacey becomes Richie and Loolah? Essex boy becomes Kiwi, Welsh girl becomes English ... meet, date, fall in love, get married ... bring it ...
Old Oct 16th 2011, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

It should be the "The only way is Naki" that's the place for odd people in NZ.

At the big field days event in Hamilton each year they hold the annual "Good Keen Girl" competition,
Which sees entries competing in events such as fence building, stock handling, etc. I'm sure we'd all be gripped
as we watched the emotional turmoil the girls would go through as tractors failed to start
or camp fire cook out meals go horribly wrong.

Another great idea could simply be called "Pompous Twats" it could follow the daily struggles of the
inhabitants of areas like St Marys Bay in Auckland as the men struggle with decisions like
should i wear the black T shirt today or the black polo neck and the women struggle with decorating
nightmares after their colour consultants tell them their current décor and pot-pourri fragrance are no longer
in the zietgiest and how the struggle to ensure you are only seen in the right cafes takes its toll on family and relationships
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Are you being served?

On location at Smith + Caugheys on Queen Street, so they don't need to change the set or the merchandise for that authentic 1970s look.

Starring :

John Key - the camp 'I'm free!!' menswear assistant
Christine Rankin - as Mrs Slocombe
Tim Shadbolt - as Old Mr Caughey
Winston Peters - as Mr Lucas, the penniless, womanising, salesman
Don Brash - as Captain Peacock, the pompous and haughty floorwalker
Rodney Hide - as Mr 'Jug Ears' Rumbold, the gullible and easily confused manager
Gerry Brownlee - as Mr Harman, the No 8 wire maintenance man

Really, really struggling though to cast Miss Brahms

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Oct 17th 2011 at 10:17 am.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Wife Swap

Instead of swapping their wife's, men with mullets that own fords and holdens would be forced to swap cars for a week.

Supermarket Sweep

You get a 5 hour trolley dash in a Pak n Save to find one item that's not a complete rip off. Tougher to win that Who Wants to be a Millionaire.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:40 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh dear you all need to get out more
Old Oct 18th 2011, 9:49 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Oh dear you all need to get out more

problem is that everywhere around here stacks the chairs on the tables at 9pm..........

and for Miss Brahms I had Jacinda Ardern although she needs to sort her gnashers, if not then Heather Roy (cough cough)
Old Oct 18th 2011, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl

problem is that everywhere around here stacks the chairs on the tables at 9pm
and turns the lights off whilst you're still sitting drinking your beer... if memory serves me right, with Mrs Lardyl
Old Oct 18th 2011, 10:14 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
and turns the lights off whilst you're still sitting drinking your beer... if memory serves me right, with Mrs Lardyl
yep - ding ding at 9pm
Old Oct 19th 2011, 5:23 am

problem is that everywhere around here stacks the chairs on the tables at 9pm..........

and for Miss Brahms I had Jacinda Ardern although she needs to sort her gnashers, if not then Heather Roy (cough cough)
Lol well when I go out in the wonderful Wanganui sometimes on a Friday I've been known to roll in at 2 am
Old Oct 19th 2011, 5:24 am

Nothing on the tv any good after 11pm either
Old Oct 19th 2011, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Lol well when I go out in the wonderful Wanganui sometimes on a Friday I've been known to roll in at 2 am
Whay what happens...you get lost for several hours on your way home ....lol
Old Oct 25th 2011, 12:38 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Justcol
Whay what happens...you get lost for several hours on your way home ....lol
LOL
That's the hip happening world of city life.
Nearest we can get to that is Warkworth.....or maybe that brazen hamlet that is ......... Albany
Of course Takapuna is possible but I get lost going that far into civilisation