Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What is this "New Zealand" experince they speak of ??

What is this "New Zealand" experince they speak of ??

Old Oct 4th 2005, 8:02 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default What is this "New Zealand" experince they speak of ??

Greetings all,

A warm hello to all the die-hards who are still posting away and of course to anyone reading. You may have read some of the other threads that I have been involved in and if you find this of interest it will be more so if you read my previous, before NZ posts.

This post / thread is aimed at getting some different views on the management styles of New Zealand and if you have encountered this “New Zealand” experience term and your thoughts on it

I have posted this for a particular reason which is for those of you who are not yet in NZ.
As I said on my other thread update, 20 20 vision looking back and I think due to the “system” of NZ immigration I would highly recommend that folk get their residency PROIR to coming over.

It can be a confidence shaker if you have some serious skills on offer only to be told they mean nothing because you do not have “New Zealand" experience. :scared:

Please add your comments as I really believe this is a VERY important factor for folk considering NZ.

Cheers to you all.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is this "New Zealand" experince they speak of ??

Originally Posted by Campbells
Greetings all,

A warm hello to all the die-hards who are still posting away and of course to anyone reading. You may have read some of the other threads that I have been involved in and if you find this of interest it will be more so if you read my previous, before NZ posts.

This post / thread is aimed at getting some different views on the management styles of New Zealand and if you have encountered this “New Zealand” experience term and your thoughts on it

I have posted this for a particular reason which is for those of you who are not yet in NZ.
As I said on my other thread update, 20 20 vision looking back and I think due to the “system” of NZ immigration I would highly recommend that folk get their residency PROIR to coming over.

It can be a confidence shaker if you have some serious skills on offer only to be told they mean nothing because you do not have “New Zealand" experience. :scared:

Please add your comments as I really believe this is a VERY important factor for folk considering NZ.

Cheers to you all.
Hi to you the Campbells,
I would be interested in finding how other teachers have been accepted into the New Zealand way of life. From the management and staff side and the parents of the children they teach, is there any resentment that another teacher has come from England and taken one of their jobs, attitude?
Old Oct 4th 2005, 8:32 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is this "New Zealand" experince they speak of ??

As a NZ'er I too would like to know what NZ experience is??

While there may be some resentment out there with new arrivals taking jobs that others might think should go to "NZ'ers" if the jobs are there for the taking then those so called NZ'ers with "NZ experience" should apply for them. If you as a new arrival to NZ have the skills & abilities to do the job then why shouldnt you? Too many people like to complain that new immigrants are taking jobs off NZ'ers but those same NZ'ers are too lazy or stupid to get off the backsides & apply for them themselves.

Seriously I wouldnt worry about things like this, life has far more important things to deal with so just do the best you can, go with the flow & hopefully sooner than later you will be accepted. Sadly this thing happens all over the world, it really doesnt matter where you go. Time for the blinders to come off & for people to start realizing that immigrants have a lot to offer. Ive experienced the same thing here in the US & at first I almost gave up but then I developed the attitude well its there loss not mine & Ive gone on only worrying about the things in life that really matter to me. I know what Im worth & hopefully others will soon realize that I have just as much if not more to offer than some locals as Im sure you do too.

I wish you luck & hope that you soon become at home there.

Cheers
Cindy