British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   What makes a good drunk anyway? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/what-makes-good-drunk-anyway-739028/)

Charismatic Nov 15th 2011 8:34 pm

What makes a good drunk anyway?

After revelations Zac Gillford can't handle a few drinks I thought I’d ask what is a “good drunk”?

Obvious answer is Irish people who get funnier and friendlier by the pint. We are very fond of the Irish or course but how is it the effects of a pint on an Irish person can be so positive but giving the same number of pints to a New Zealand rugby player is likely to see them get in a fight? Similarly a few glasses of cider will make someone from the west country all conversation but get a few pints into a gordie lad and he's sitting on a curb vomiting while police look on?

How can we help people who are intolerable drunks transform themselves into the type of person we might want to go and have a few drinks with after work? You know the sort of people that make you want to stay and have another drink because they are just so 'nice' :).

positive pam Nov 18th 2011 8:53 pm

Re: What makes a good drunk anyway?

:nod:

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 9734844)
After revelations Zac Gillford can't handle a few drinks I thought I’d ask what is a “good drunk”?

Obvious answer is Irish people who get funnier and friendlier by the pint. We are very fond of the Irish or course but how is it the effects of a pint on an Irish person can be so positive but giving the same number of pints to a New Zealand rugby player is likely to see them get in a fight? Similarly a few glasses of cider will make someone from the west country all conversation but get a few pints into a gordie lad and he's sitting on a curb vomiting while police look on?

How can we help people who are intolerable drunks transform themselves into the type of person we might want to go and have a few drinks with after work? You know the sort of people that make you want to stay and have another drink because they are just so 'nice' :).

Dont give them any booze. :nod:

Charismatic Nov 19th 2011 2:25 am

Originally Posted by positive pam (Post 9741171)
Dont give them any booze. :nod:

Sure we could do the responsible thingy but we need more good drunks to help prop up New Zealands bars.

Catchafire Nov 19th 2011 3:00 am

I have on occasion shared a pint in the company of Oliver Reed, as I was courting a girl that lived in Dorking and she worked behind the bar that was a infrequent local to him.

He once set his arse on fire with a glass of flaming Sambuka. Oh happy days!

positive pam Nov 19th 2011 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Catchafire (Post 9741522)
I have on occasion shared a pint in the company of Oliver Reed, as I was courting a girl that lived in Dorking and she worked behind the bar that was a infrequent local to him.

He once set his arse on fire with a glass of flaming Sambuka. Oh happy days!

:rofl::goodpost: