Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What job did you do in UK ? and what do you do in NZ ?

What job did you do in UK ? and what do you do in NZ ?

Old Apr 11th 2010, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What job did you do in UK ? and what do you do in NZ ?

Warehouse Manager in the UK, national purchasing officer in NZ so not a big change
Old Apr 11th 2010, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stoof
oh, and Foofer - what an ace thread (for nosey parkers like me, anyway!)
what's so nosey about?

at the end of the day, job is just bl**dy job.. I hate my boss blah blah blah ..something like that. I do! haha.. lol

~Nothing Alas Alack~

nothing to do but work work work
nothing alas alack
nowhere to go but out out out
nowhere to come but back

it's christmas day in the workhouse
they're handing out lollipops
progress would be wonderful
if only it would stop

no bees no honey no work no money

nothing to do but think think think
nothing alas alack
nowhere to go for a drink drink drink
nowhere to come but back

it's christmas day in the doghouse
lassie's gone barking mad
here comes father christmas
handing out lucky bags

no bees no honey no work no money
nothing to do but work work work

money
king bank is calling ....

by Terry Hall/David Stewart ~

Last edited by crap coffee; Apr 11th 2010 at 10:43 am.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

rushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to all

Currently an ICT Manager in the UK.

When I get to NZ later this year, I'll do absolutely anything except ICT Manager
Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:04 pm
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

hospital pharmacist in UK and soon to start as same in NZ - but different speciality.

OH - financial advisor UK and anything he can bloody well get in NZ
Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:25 pm
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

LOL keep em coming, its just an interesting thread to change the boring ones on this site lately lol.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

MARTINE1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nige, Prison Officer in UK at present
Hopefully Prison Officer in NZ in the future
Sent Police checks etc of today so one step nearer
Old Apr 11th 2010, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Unhappy nurse in ICU (UK)
Happy nurse in CVICU, PICU and Lifeflight (NZ)
Old Apr 11th 2010, 9:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Midwife in UK
Midwife in NZ:curse: for a while. Now a Lady of Leisure!

OH was a Procurement Manager in the UK
Procurement Manager in NZ
Old Apr 12th 2010, 5:45 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Haze, UK. hairdresser NZ. hairdresser.
Steve, UK. aircraft engineer repairing planes for the likes of Michael Schumacher, King of Saudi, Sultan of Bruneii, et al
NZ. making aluminium doors and windows, but permanently excited about the idea of something popping up. A bit like that squirrelly thing in "Ice Age" that's always chasing his nuts.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

ibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rushmere
Currently an ICT Manager in the UK.

When I get to NZ later this year, I'll do absolutely anything except ICT Manager

I thought I am the only one in the boat.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Nurse in Uk
Nurse in NZ just with a better view from the window!!! And a better lifestyle Bevissa
Old Apr 12th 2010, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Enterprise Systems Analyst in the UK
IT Systems Administrator in NZ (same pay, but no on-call/weekends/shifts) YES!!!!!

Em
Marketing Executive in the UK
PA to CEO in NZ

And don't forget the massively improved lifestyle here, and a view of a volcano from my office window
Old Apr 12th 2010, 9:05 am
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

This is a brilliant thread idea. Well done OP.

Have to wait till we get job offers to take part properly though.

Job in uk :-

Me - software developer / telecoms
OH - prison nurse

WP
Old Apr 12th 2010, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Him and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of light

Him: International business developement Director for Gala Coral Group (UK)
waiting for a job interview here in NZ

Me: Supervisor in Tenpin Bowling Alley (UK)
Waiting for a job offer NZ
Old Apr 12th 2010, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Unemployed unhappy midwife in the UK
Soon to be employed and hopefully happy midwife in NZ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.