British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   what immigration company to use (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/what-immigration-company-use-816839/)

djones22 Dec 3rd 2013 8:30 pm

what immigration company to use

Awrite everyone i'm just new to all this, and i was wondering if anyone can help me with the best company to go with for to obtain a visa etc. I have had a few co's interested in me, however they want me to have visa, work permit etc in place. I am 45yrs old from Scotland and a concrete mixer driver with 18yrs experience, class 1, adr and concrete pump experience.:confused:

BEVS Dec 3rd 2013 8:40 pm

Re: what immigration company to use

There is little point in you looking for a quality immigration consultant at this stage really as what you are running into is the usual catch 22 thing, where NZ employers do not realise it is a job offer first before any visa application can be made.

What you need to do is to educate the companies interested in hiring you about how the visa issue works. You also need to understand how it works for yourself so you can help the prospective NZ employer to feel secure in offering you the work.

Also, provided you are healthy and of good character :p it is relatively easy to do a visa application for yourself. THis will save you muchpo $$$$ as immy agents don't come cheap.

Where are the companies interested in hiring you based?

Is this your occupation - Click the LINK

djones22 Dec 3rd 2013 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 11019424)
There is little point in you looking for a quality immigration consultant at this stage really as what you are running into is the usual catch 22 thing, where NZ employers do not realise it is a job offer first before any visa application can be made.

What you need to do is to educate the companies interested in hiring you about how the visa issue works. You also need to understand how it works for yourself so you can help the prospective NZ employer to feel secure in offering you the work.

Also, provided you are healthy and of good character :p it is relatively easy to do a visa application for yourself. THis will save you muchpo $$$$ as immy agents don't come cheap.

Where are the companies interested in hiring you based?

Is this your occupation - Click the LINK

Thank for you prompt reply,the companies that are interested in me are in Christchurch.My job is Concrete mixer delivery driver class 4 truck driver. not the the link you sent.
Thanks Davey.

Catchafire Dec 3rd 2013 10:15 pm

This would explain perhaps better for you. But if what he is saying is true, you need to get your skates on.