Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What If????????????

What If????????????

Old Jul 3rd 2008, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice
Thumbs up What If????????????

How many of you out there have been going over and over again about what if Mother/Father,Brother/sister,granddad/grandmother, uncle tom cobly, auntie so an so fall ill.

Looks like a good bit of security for a lot of you out there.

Well if you want to make sure you can get back to see them have a look at this site, may be some one else may know of an differant one.

Just have a look at this one, WWW.kinsure.co.uk

look forward to your replys.

Regards

Old Jul 3rd 2008, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What If????????????

Does look interesting, but does anyone know of a company that will cover for relatives over 75 years of age?
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Its hard enough getting normal travel insurance to go to Spain from the UK if you are over 65 and have any medical conditions. They only take safe bets. I am 71 and my husband is 74 and we have had a problems in the past because my husband has angina. Anyway we have got cover with Age Concern for our trip to NZ at Christmas at a cost of £390 for 6 weeks covering all conditions. You will have seen Kinsure exclude existing medical conditions. (I think they cover up to 80)

Maybe Age Concern do the same sort of insurance Kinsure do.

I have tried so many Insurance Companies in the past I think I am now on their Christmas card list.

June
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Now this is interesting, I would definately consider doing this.

Thanks for sharing this with us.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

interesting concept! never thought of it before... google here i come! cheers
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:49 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

It's interesting, but the annal fee seems too good to be true and if it seems too good to be true it usually is. Quite a few of us EX-pats with parents still living may be tempted but as most people have some form a existing medical condition by the time they reach 60 I can't help but feel they will link it to the 'crisis' which leads to us wanting to go to Uk. The 'get out' clauses for the company will be quite extensive.

I claimed on my medical insurance once and although was told I was entitled to the money I could not have it as I had failed to declare going to the doctors with a sore leg some 17 years before I put a claim in which was totally unrelated to leg.

Pauline
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:50 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

We have money set aside which we will not touch should the need arise.

Pauline
Old Jul 4th 2008, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by howden40
We have money set aside which we will not touch should the need arise.

Pauline
Hmmm, thinking that might be the way to go Pauline.