Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What have i let myself in for!!!!!

What have i let myself in for!!!!!

Old Nov 9th 2009, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What have i let myself in for!!!!!

Originally Posted by zummerzet_lou
How about this? http://www.tourism.net.nz/listings/f...rental-cycles/

Gondola up the hill, and then you just get to do the fun bit ... now, that's my idea of cycling
That sounds right up my street!! 'Cycling for fat bastards'!! Where can i sign up?
Old Nov 16th 2009, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Went for my first bike ride in about 25yrs on saturday!! Must admit after 10 secs in the saddle i thought, what the bloody hell am i doing as i started heading down the hill at god knows what speed!

35 mins later i return home having done just under 7km. I then spent the next 45 mins lying on the living room floor trying to recover...

Must convince myself, it will get easier...
Old Nov 16th 2009, 10:29 pm
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

It will, don't forget the padded shorts.

which reminds me, must find allen key.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ted Logan
It will, don't forget the padded shorts.

which reminds me, must find allen key.
Padded shorts, haven't got any! can you lend me a pair of your incontinence pants????????

How is Allen?
Old Nov 19th 2009, 2:39 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Wait for the fun after a long ride
Old Nov 19th 2009, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Padded shorts, haven't got any!
Seriously, get some. They will make a huge difference to your enjoyment
Old Nov 19th 2009, 1:55 pm
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

Went for my first bike ride in about 25yrs on saturday!! Must admit after 10 secs in the saddle i thought, what the bloody hell am i doing as i started heading down the hill at god knows what speed!

35 mins later i return home having done just under 7km. I then spent the next 45 mins lying on the living room floor trying to recover...

Must convince myself, it will get easier...
the image in my head is too funny not to laugh!
it will get easier - just stick to flats and down-hills
Old Nov 19th 2009, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by spankysparkle
the image in my head is too funny not to laugh!
it will get easier - just stick to flats and down-hills
I have some padded cycling trousers, they are ace!! however...

on the outside they are black - cool., sexy even i hear you think... but on the inside the padded bit is bright red - like pillar box red. I reckon if i wore them inside out i would like a babboon

babboon gone Psycho - thats more than NZ could handle i reckon xx
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh f#$% it!!!! one week in, three bike rides and now i've put me back out!!! So much for geting fitter!!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 3:48 pm
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

Oh f#$% it!!!! one week in, three bike rides and now i've put me back out!!! So much for geting fitter!!!!
oh dear!! don't give up tho!!
perhaps you should continue with a static bike for a while? that's what i'm going to do. i also hurt my back carrying the winter and summer wheels from the storage room to the Golf and back. the damn things weigh a ton! perhaps i'm just out of shape or getting old, or both? :0)
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 7:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that but at least you did your back in trying to get fit. My OH did his in yesterday putting his shoes on
Old Nov 24th 2009, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm feeling better today.. the drugs are starting to kick in...
Old Nov 24th 2009, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm not gonna give in.. both the doctor and the chiropractor said it's down to muscle tone... so next step is to find a gym close to work that i can actually get to...

Last edited by simonmarkellis; Nov 24th 2009 at 3:43 am. Reason: Spelling
Old Nov 24th 2009, 8:32 am
happy daisy

I'm not gonna give in.. both the doctor and the chiropractor said it's down to muscle tone... so next step is to find a gym close to work that i can actually get to...
wooo-hooooo! good news :0)
glad you're feeling better
Old Nov 27th 2009, 2:18 am
Winter hibernator

When your ready Si, we'll go for a bike ride down to Pencarrow and onwards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.