Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What Have I Forgotten???

What Have I Forgotten???

Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:04 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Question What Have I Forgotten???

HELP!!!

We have the packers starting on Monday and I'm on here on Saturday night? I'm sure I should be very busy running around "doing things" but I seem to have reached a plateau?

I'm reluctant to pack anymore stuff as the cases are packed so anything I know we'll need in the next 3 months is in them.

I've sorted the kitchen drawers and such like.

I've cleaned the car to go to auction on Tuesday.

I've IRONED (yes that was me shouting to get your attention as it's a novelty for me) the clean linen and packed it. What do I do with the linen on the beds now? Hmmmmm?

What am I missing here? What still needs to be done? Anyone else's stuff look this unorganised?

HELP!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails What Have I Forgotten???-dscf0112.jpg  

Last edited by Am Loolah; Mar 24th 2007 at 11:08 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Have I Forgotten???

looks neat and tidy to me, missus! Sit back and relax
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by shears View Post
looks neat and tidy to me, missus! Sit back and relax
Thank you, I did tidy up before snapping and made sure there was no wide angle lens going on!!!!

Yes, what could I possible need to do now?! Lie back and think of New Zealand. Ooooooooooo, I have room spin!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline, just make sure your personal stuff that you don't want to be shipped is out of the house. They'll wrap and pack everything in sight.
Good Luck.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 7:59 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Don't let them pack the Bolly - you will want that soon!
It's the next step - deeeeeep breath - and move on.
Good to hear things are moving for you if you will pardon the pun
Karen B
Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boopy View Post
Caroline, just make sure your personal stuff that you don't want to be shipped is out of the house. They'll wrap and pack everything in sight.
Good Luck.
Our packers whizzed through the house like a whirlwind packing and wrapping everything!! I swear if I'd sat still long enough they'd have packed me as well!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:29 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Same for us, they wrapped everything that didn't move including stuff we didn't want to take with us but it ended up here all the same
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky View Post
Same for us, they wrapped everything that didn't move including stuff we didn't want to take with us but it ended up here all the same
I remember saying "oh dont pack the such and such...." too late..... they'd always just packed it... and they certainly packed very well!! They were a lovely bunch and we kept them going with bottles of cola and lemonade and food from the local chippy!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

We had an old set of pans, on the side to chuck out cos we'd bought new. We thought they had been binned, until we unpacked - we've got 2 sets of pans now in nZ.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:07 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boopy View Post
We had an old set of pans, on the side to chuck out cos we'd bought new. We thought they had been binned, until we unpacked - we've got 2 sets of pans now in nZ.
Our removal men (Robinsons) even took the contents of the waste paper bin
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by karonious View Post
Our removal men (Robinsons) even took the contents of the waste paper bin
Noooo... lol.... if they took mine right now it would be full of dirty nappys!!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by SarahB View Post
Noooo... lol.... if they took mine right now it would be full of dirty nappys!!
Good, you're all scaring me now ... where the hell am I meant to put all we are taking?! We have a mountanous collection of cases and luggage, we thought we were travelling light?! Apparently not. 2 cars hired for transport to London, 6 of us, 7 large cases, 3 small cases, 3 medium bags, 2 large dogs! Oh the joys of moving!!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 6:57 pm
duckfoot

ceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Am Loolah View Post
Good, you're all scaring me now ... where the hell am I meant to put all we are taking?! We have a mountanous collection of cases and luggage, we thought we were travelling light?! Apparently not. 2 cars hired for transport to London, 6 of us, 7 large cases, 3 small cases, 3 medium bags, 2 large dogs! Oh the joys of moving!!
sit back, relax, have a drink........then panic!
congratulations...have a safe flight
Old Mar 25th 2007, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Am Loolah View Post
Best of luck! You lucky lot! Think of us lot left behind still trying to get there, and let us know how it goes.