Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What has happened ....

What has happened ....

Old Jan 8th 2007, 9:42 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has happened ....

I've got some troll spray somewhere, will have to see if I can find it
Old Jan 8th 2007, 10:45 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

People shouldn't let the trolls (be they real or imagined) put them off their aspirations though.

There are bound to be differences of opinion on forums and one is going to hear all sides of the story because everyone's experience is different.

There is always going to be the haves and have-nots and some people do seem to like to resort to the old British game of "one upmanship" whilst others fit the term term "wingeing poms".

It seems that people are too ready to brand people as trolls when they have a different point of view to themselves, or if they make a few gauche comments in their first posts. But the more established posters are far more offensive and seem to get away with saying whatever they like.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 10:56 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

I don't wish to get involved in the tit for tat on this or other threads, been there done that.
But, Nerine, may i just enquire, out of curiosity, have you ever on any migration forums gone by the username/s of Toots or breathe?
Old Jan 8th 2007, 10:59 pm

No, not me. Why do you ask?
Old Jan 8th 2007, 11:02 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nerine
No, not me. Why do you ask?

Just wondered thats all. Been on these forums a good while now, seen people come and go, and come back again, thought you maybe one who had.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 11:10 pm

Well I'm not that person.

But thank you for not calling me a troll, do others think I am?
Old Jan 9th 2007, 4:34 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
.... to this forum ?!

I came here about 10m ago just browsing and didn't like it as there was a lot of bitchiness (not NZ forum, the whole site!) and nastiness going on! I stumbled upon you again back in October and it was so so different to how I remembered it. I've been so happy here and love all the posts, very informative and such a friendly place to be ... I even speak to members off the forum too now! But, these past few days there has been the nastiness and bitchiness again it's not very warm and welcoming to newbies and may actually scare them off like it did me !!!

This is a great forum and I'm not naive, I've been a member of other forums and seen this before. No people don't always agree, tbh the world would be very boring if everyone agreed! Can't we just ignore these trolls who have nothing better to do than throw the sh*t into the fan and stand back watching it be spread around ?! Yes I've been tempted to reply but am sitting on my hands! (Very rational Michelle ) It really isn't worth the hassle ..

Off my soapbox now Please don't shoot me down.

Michelle xx
Wait till I get back. I'll sort the buggers out for ya
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default What has happened ....

Originally Posted by kwprwn
Trolls according to legend are short ugly grey looking creatures...do you really want to be one
Blimey it's me to a T

I'm a troll, proud and pleased to call myself that.

Nice Guy The Troll.........has a certain ring to it doncha think!

Hmmmmmmmm.............just need to find out what a Troll does now................I read the rest of the thread first!
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's confirmed!

Yep...........just read the rest of the thread and.....................

I'm a Troll!
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

People shouldn't let the trolls (be they real or imagined) put them off their aspirations though.

There are bound to be differences of opinion on forums and one is going to hear all sides of the story because everyone's experience is different.

There is always going to be the haves and have-nots and some people do seem to like to resort to the old British game of "one upmanship" whilst others fit the term term "wingeing poms".

It seems that people are too ready to brand people as trolls when they have a different point of view to themselves, or if they make a few gauche comments in their first posts. But the more established posters are far more offensive and seem to get away with saying whatever they like.
I didn't brand them as 'trolls' because of their views of NZ, I branded them 'trolls' because of what they were saying about particular members! They were bitter and nasty and it had no relevance to NZ whatsoever! Also, it was very uncalled for too. I highly doubt you would have liked to have been called some of those names ..... and I can imagine you'd have been upset that no-one said anything about it ?!

Michelle xx
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's confirmed!

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Yep...........just read the rest of the thread and.....................

I'm a Troll!
pmsl

Can't send you Karma as I have to spead it ....
Old Jan 9th 2007, 2:33 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Wait till I get back. I'll sort the buggers out for ya
Jack!!!
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:14 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
I didn't brand them as 'trolls' because of their views of NZ, I branded them 'trolls' because of what they were saying about particular members! They were bitter and nasty and it had no relevance to NZ whatsoever! Also, it was very uncalled for too. I highly doubt you would have liked to have been called some of those names ..... and I can imagine you'd have been upset that no-one said anything about it ?!

Michelle xx
I think I missed all/most of this?! Apart from that which was noticed and challenged of course.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:15 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm not that person.

But thank you for not calling me a troll, do others think I am?

Sssshh, careful - that sounds a bit like a guilty conscience.

But thank goodness you're neither of those people.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:47 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Some people deliberately set about to wind people (other do it unintentionally at times), and others use the place to vent their spleen of every bit of angst in their bodies.

People will have genuine neg and pos views and should be able to express them but at the same time take care not to make widesweeping generalisations or statements likely to inflame/stir the pot. I try to relate my posts to either personal experience or knowledge gained by formal or informal education.

Being new to a forum means taking time to observe and consider posts a bit sometimes before replying.

It's not that those of us who have been around longer necessarily get treated any different ( though I'm not disputing this could and may have happen(ed) ), it's more that we have learned the boundaries. Some (myself included) have been banned in the past because of a heated almost 'warlike' campaign that went on in the first half of last year.

Nobody benefits from nastiness, least of all the many who use this site for info, advice, support, etc. And if someone really pisses you off, you can put them on ignore

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.