what happened?

Old Jul 10th 2005, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default what happened?

Can I just say how much I had been enjoying the general sharing of information that had been available on this forum - the positive and the not so positive experiences were really helping in the decision making process.

The recent bantering has not been so enjoyable, but I have to say it hasn't put us off - we booked our tickets today!!!!!!!! :scared:
Old Jul 10th 2005, 3:43 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what happened?

Originally Posted by Joshlin
Can I just say how much I had been enjoying the general sharing of information that had been available on this forum - the positive and the not so positive experiences were really helping in the decision making process.

The recent bantering has not been so enjoyable, but I have to say it hasn't put us off - we booked our tickets today!!!!!!!! :scared:
Oh that is wonderful news Joshlin - when do you go then???
Just noticed you've changed your NZ destination....Christchurch bound now?

Are we having a cyber party for you then??....
Old Jul 10th 2005, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

off 4.10.05 - flying into Auckland and then spending a couple of weeks moving down through north island, visiting some places not seen, visiting family and then getting the boat over and on down.

we've been doing some research and also followed some discussions along the way here and we've found ourselves more and more drawn to ChCh (cold houses / winters and all!!)

we may change our minds again yet, work depending, but that just adds to the adventure of the whole thing.

most definately up for a cyber party.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 3:57 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

off 4.10.05 - flying into Auckland and then spending a couple of weeks moving down through north island, visiting some places not seen, visiting family and then getting the boat over and on down.

we've been doing some research and also followed some discussions along the way here and we've found ourselves more and more drawn to ChCh (cold houses / winters and all!!)

we may change our minds again yet, work depending, but that just adds to the adventure of the whole thing.

Sounds like a fine plan to me...check it all out and then make a decision after that...best to keep an open mind about these things as you just don't know what you'll think when you get there...you might fall in love with Auckland and not move from there!! Who knows...

But wherever you do end up I hope you will find everything you're looking for and wish you many happy years in NZ...

Now about that party...when exactly to do you go...coz we don't want to send you on your way with a cyber hangover...give us your last possible date for being online and we'll see what we can do...I love a party...can you tell!!!
Old Jul 10th 2005, 4:00 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Joshlin thats wonderful news. Congrats on booking the tickets & might I add my own totally personal biased well done on choosing my hometown of Christchurch as your destination. I hope it all works out for you.
Some houses are cold & CHCH winters are a little chilly but nothing Im sure you cant handle. The atmosphere in CHCH will surely make up for these things.
When do you leave? Will be great following your travels, your arrival & journey throughout the North Island etc. Great way to start your new life too. Love driving throughout the North Island myself.
Good luck & Congrats again.

Cheers
Shepslady
Old Jul 10th 2005, 4:18 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

Can I add my congratuations too! I hope you will be successful in all that you do and all your plans and wishes come true. Like Pinkie says let us know when you are online 'til and we'll all drink your future together. I'm so pleased for you all and maybe we'll all have a get together once we are all over there too!

Debbie
Old Jul 10th 2005, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

the plan is to move from desktop to laptop so shouldn't be offline for long. should be able to post right up to day of departure and then re-establish contact once landed and got connection sorted - will do a travel log as we go and might even be able to catch up with a few of you for real drinks as we travel down.

it's soooooooooo exciting
Old Jul 10th 2005, 4:41 pm
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by Sparkle2nite
Can I add my congratuations too! I hope you will be successful in all that you do and all your plans and wishes come true. Like Pinkie says let us know when you are online 'til and we'll all drink your future together. I'm so pleased for you all and maybe we'll all have a get together once we are all over there too!

Debbie
Sounds like a great idea Debbie...cyber party here and then party for real on the other side!! Put my name down...and OH too...I suppose I could let him out of the cupboard (for one night only mind)...
Old Jul 10th 2005, 4:44 pm
Don't let me get me....

the plan is to move from desktop to laptop so shouldn't be offline for long. should be able to post right up to day of departure and then re-establish contact once landed and got connection sorted - will do a travel log as we go and might even be able to catch up with a few of you for real drinks as we travel down.

it's soooooooooo exciting
3rd October all right for the party then??? shall we say 8 for 8.30pm...lol... I'll put it in my social diary!!!

A travel log would be great Joshlin - warts and all mind...no glossing over the horrid bits - we need to know what to expect...

Real drinks on the way down - but we're not there yet!! Will make a date with you when we get over - huge party coming on I feel!!
Old Jul 10th 2005, 5:13 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

He he he Joshlin guess I should have read your post more carefully then I would have noticed you leave on Oct 4 arriving in Auckland Oct 6th then.

Hey at least you are arriving at a good time of the year when things are starting to warm up in NZ. Usually by October its fairly decent weather so that will help you settle in. Of course the UK will be heading into cooler weather then so you will be missing that which is an ideal time to be leaving huh? Good planning to be coming out of autumn ( or fall if thats what you call it?) & heading into spring weather.

I too expect to see a full report mentioning good with bad & shall look forward to reading all about your experiences.

Can I ask what changed your mind about rellocating to CHCH over your original BOP??
Old Jul 10th 2005, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

[Can I ask what changed your mind about rellocating to CHCH over your original BOP??[/font][/QUOTE]

a combination of things really - we had initially said BOP because that's where we have family and that's where we had visited. Once we started to property search we were a little disappointed at what was coming up within our budget (not to say there weren't some lovely properties, but a little out of our reach!) so we started to think again and realised there was a whole isalnd we hadn't even thought about. We want a nice house but we don't want to get into big mortgages with the need to work our asses off to go with it that seems to go against the point of going - to have a more relaxed approach to life, spend more time as a family and enjoy the free things in life - fresh air and space.
Once we started exploring other areas we really liked what we seeing / hearing / reading about chch so have decided to give it a go. (plus my OH says - batter him not me :scared: - that crusaders are a better team than the chiefs)
Old Jul 10th 2005, 6:12 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

plus my OH says - batter him not me :scared: - that crusaders are a better team than the chiefs)[/QUOTE]

LOL Cant fault him for that. The Cheifs are a fairly good team but if your serious about following a team in The Super 12 (or 14 as its to be next year) you really have a top team in The Crusaders. Christchurch is really into their rugby so if hes into rugby hes chosen a good place to at least start in NZ.
Hope the house hunting etc goes well & you find something nice & affordable that doesnt strain the budget too much.
Like I said earlier I shall follow your journey with much interest & hope that it is a good experience for all of you
Old Jul 10th 2005, 6:20 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations - when your EOI was selected in December you probably thought it would never be all done and dusted did you. Well done, very pleased for you. 4th October not too far away now, it will fly past for you! Make sure to keep us all up to date!
Old Jul 10th 2005, 8:46 pm

Dave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant future

Congratulations Joshlin! We are really pleased for you! Hope everything goes OK for you and we'll be looking out for how you go on.
We have heard good reports on ChCh but people do go on how cold the houses/winters etc. In the scale of things, does it get as cold as it gets here in the UK? I wouldn't have thought so but if anyone can let us know then that would be great.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 9:38 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Originally Posted by Dave and Lyns
Congratulations Joshlin! We are really pleased for you! Hope everything goes OK for you and we'll be looking out for how you go on.
We have heard good reports on ChCh but people do go on how cold the houses/winters etc. In the scale of things, does it get as cold as it gets here in the UK? I wouldn't have thought so but if anyone can let us know then that would be great.
Dave & Lynn I really have no idea what temperatures get down to in your part of the world during winter but can tell you that although its been a cold morning in Christchurch today with them waking up to -1 deg celsius (30.2 deg F) they are expecting a high there today of 8 deg Celsius (48 deg F). I spoke to my sister in CHCH a couple of hours ago & although she said it was a little chilly the sun was out so she thought it was shaping up to be a lovely winters day! Hope this gives you some small indication but please keep in mind some days are colder than that & when its grey & raining it always seems worse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.