British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   What getting NZ visas costs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/what-getting-nz-visas-costs-312119/)

the turner family Jul 4th 2005 9:57 pm

What getting NZ visas costs

Hi. We have just received an e-mail from our immigration officer in London letting us know our application has been passed straight to residency.

This is obviously great news for us, we are well happy that all the hard work with medicals and police checks was worth it.

We are a family of four and we currently live in Spain which might have an effect on the cost but this is what it cost us..........

EOI fee £130
Police checks UK £20
Gibraltar £5
Spain €160
Birth Certificate £30
Medicals €400
Blood tests €473
X-Rays €120
Post to Uk €17
Application fee £520
Migrant levy £460

Sorry about the difference in currencies used!

It totals to NZ$ 5040 or about £1975.

How does this compare with any other users costs?

We are in the lucky position of my NZ employer refunding us this cash when I start working for him, but a penalty clause in the contract means I have to repay him if I leave the company within two years.

We are now looking at flights and Singapore airlines seems cheapest. Does anyone have any opinion on this route and carrier?

Bye for now.

The Turner Family.

newkiwi Jul 4th 2005 10:08 pm

Re: What getting NZ visas costs

Originally Posted by the turner family
Hi. We have just received an e-mail from our immigration officer in London letting us know our application has been passed straight to residency.

This is obviously great news for us, we are well happy that all the hard work with medicals and police checks was worth it.

We are a family of four and we currently live in Spain which might have an effect on the cost but this is what it cost us..........

EOI fee £130
Police checks UK £20
Gibraltar £5
Spain €160
Birth Certificate £30
Medicals €400
Blood tests €473
X-Rays €120
Post to Uk €17
Application fee £520
Migrant levy £460

We are in the lucky position of my NZ employer refunding us this cash when I start working for him, but a penalty clause in the contract means I have to repay him if I leave the company within two years.

We are now looking at flights and Singapore airlines seems cheapest. Does anyone have any opinion on this route and carrier?

Bye for now.

The Turner Family.

Singapore Airlines is very good, and a day stopover in Singapore is a good option. If you dont want to stop over, and you ahve time between flights, book into the Airport Hotel for a shower/ sleep.

pompeymike Jul 4th 2005 10:25 pm

Re: What getting NZ visas costs

Originally Posted by the turner family

EOI fee £130
Police checks UK £20
Gibraltar £5
Spain €160
Birth Certificate £30
Medicals €400
Blood tests €473
X-Rays €120
Post to Uk €17
Application fee £520
Migrant levy £460

Bye for now.

The Turner Family.

We've spent an absolute fortune on visas and all that goes with it, your figures are quite the norm for an average family applying in the UK but if you apply onshore in NZ it's a lot cheaper - especially blood tests, that cost us $8 !!

Singapore Airlines are superb, we've always used them and I wouldn't fly with anyone else. Make sure you have a stopover in Singapore, it's very cheap and the airline also gives you a book of vouchers to get into loads of places free. Also Changi airport is fantastic, you wont get bored if you have to spend a few hours there, last year it was voted 2nd best airport in the world (behind Hong Kong). Best of luck to you.

Mike