Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What forms (if any) required to get report from uk schools for nz school

What forms (if any) required to get report from uk schools for nz school

Old May 8th 2008, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default What forms (if any) required to get report from uk schools for nz school

Just starting to look at what is needed to enrol our boys,5 (p1) & 8 (p3), at school when we get to Dunedin. Is there a form that can be downloaded so that I can get a report done on each of them before we go so that prospective schools know what level they are at academically etc or does each school have their own paperwork?

Thanks in advance

Phyllis
Old May 8th 2008, 8:20 pm
SLH
Forum Regular

SLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud of
Default Re: What forms (if any) required to get report from uk schools for nz school

Hi Phyllis

I have finally come out of the woodwork. Friend of Joyce been watching you for a while and filling her in !!!!!!!!!

Have a look at this website it will tell you how schools are doing etc a bit like how they do it in the UK OFSTED.

The boys and my daughter went to Grants Braes, two of them have obvioulsy moved on to bigger things now.

http://www.ero.govt.nz/ero/publishin...Content/Search

Let me know if you want any more info

Louise
Old May 9th 2008, 12:53 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What forms (if any) required to get report from uk schools for nz school

I'm not aware of any standard forms, but it sounds like a good idea to get something from your current schools. It can be a bit traumatic getting kids into the right year levels here (the system is just different really), so having some more ammo is good practice. Maybe its as simple as your last school reports, and maybe asking the school to give a one-off leaving report.

(I'm going to show how dumb I am here - do UK schools have meaningful school reports?)
Old May 9th 2008, 1:17 am
SLH
Forum Regular

SLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud of

Southerner, Yes UK reports are much better than over here. I find the reports here are pretty useless. I would rather the teachers wrote a small paragraph on how your child was doing than a mark from 1-4 on how successful they were in achieving something. A mark of 1-4 really means nothing and doesnt help parents know how the child is performing really. Thats my opinion anyway. Here's hoping my daughter's new school will be different in how they do reports.
Old May 9th 2008, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SLH
Hi Phyllis

I have finally come out of the woodwork. Friend of Joyce been watching you for a while and filling her in !!!!!!!!!

Have a look at this website it will tell you how schools are doing etc a bit like how they do it in the UK OFSTED.

The boys and my daughter went to Grants Braes, two of them have obvioulsy moved on to bigger things now.

http://www.ero.govt.nz/ero/publishin...Content/Search

Let me know if you want any more info

Louise
Louise

Finally we meet Joyce called me on Saturday and said you had spoken to her about BE forum and that you thought it was me!!We are actually thinking of Grants Braes for the boys and wanted to be prepared.( If Joyce has told you about me then you'll know I like to be organised ) I agree with you re UK school reports,I find them very informative about my sons progress at school. I have all of Andrew's reports and Gregor's first report card but I think I will ask the school to do a report on how they are academically and socially at school,a general overview of them if you like. Can't wait to meet you in person to spill all the beans on Joyce as I am sure she has done so already about me Thanks for the offer of help re info,you may just regret it you can tell Joyce that the EOI is complete,just a final check and will be submitting with 200 points

Phyllis
Old May 9th 2008, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

LizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to all

Originally Posted by weejie
Just starting to look at what is needed to enrol our boys,5 (p1) & 8 (p3), at school when we get to Dunedin. Is there a form that can be downloaded so that I can get a report done on each of them before we go so that prospective schools know what level they are at academically etc or does each school have their own paperwork?

Thanks in advance

Phyllis
We came over to hamilton a couple of years back and bought the kids last year of work, Stats results and reports with us... and of course birth certificates, passports and residency permits. I had contacted the school before we left to get info on catchments areas etc and to check procedure for admittance. Then when we arrived we turned up with all the stuff and the kids, filled out paperwork and made arrangements for there start date a few days later, was dead simple (Unlike the experience I will be expecting on our return to UK)!

I did spend days going through the ERO reports before arriving in NZ and had contacted the school directly so new exactly what to do when we arrived.

ERO is the equivalent to OFSTED. Good luck ,I'm currently tralling through the OFSTED reports not fun but has to be done!
Old May 9th 2008, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

LizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LizaJane
We came over to hamilton a couple of years back and bought the kids last year of work, Stats results and reports with us... and of course birth certificates, passports and residency permits. I had contacted the school before we left to get info on catchments areas etc and to check procedure for admittance. Then when we arrived we turned up with all the stuff and the kids, filled out paperwork and made arrangements for there start date a few days later, was dead simple (Unlike the experience I will be expecting on our return to UK)!

I did spend days going through the ERO reports before arriving in NZ and had contacted the school directly so new exactly what to do when we arrived.

ERO is the equivalent to OFSTED. Good luck ,I'm currently tralling through the OFSTED reports not fun but has to be done!
Sorry forgot we had to prove we were residence etc but also had to shoew rental agreements and utilities in our names as proof of being in catchment.