British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   what exactly do we need?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/what-exactly-do-we-need-403475/)

stacey19 Oct 21st 2006 8:21 pm

what exactly do we need??

We are planning on applying for PR once we over in New Zealand, can anybody give us a list detailing exactly what we will need eg: Police checks, medicals, employer references so we don't miss anything off and have to have family send it over, delaying the whole process. It will be my OH as the main applicant (we are not married but we have 2 children, do I need to show that we are infact a true couple?) and he has a job offer. Please please help us out on this one, thankyou all

stacey

poppets Oct 21st 2006 8:52 pm

Re: what exactly do we need??

Originally Posted by stacey19
We are planning on applying for PR once we over in New Zealand, can anybody give us a list detailing exactly what we will need eg: Police checks, medicals, employer references so we don't miss anything off and have to have family send it over, delaying the whole process. It will be my OH as the main applicant (we are not married but we have 2 children, do I need to show that we are infact a true couple?) and he has a job offer. Please please help us out on this one, thankyou all

stacey

i can't remember what you need (hubby did all that) but i think you have it about right(i'm sure someone will know here) , but yes you wiil need to prove you are a true couple. we used holiday photos from when we went to cornwall, photos from a friends wedding (proper photographer ones as we had them to hand) the wedding invite, (we used photos with us & us & the kids too)

Canada Southbound Oct 21st 2006 9:32 pm

stacey

Make sure your references include proof of seniority/experience, not just x was a good employee. Proof of the job offer in writing. I've heard different things about Visa strategies. I'm applying for PRV right away when I do, to avoid complications. I don't think you have to be legally married. I'd be ready to show evidence how long you've been together. I would check with NZ immigration directly for that one though.

lardyl Oct 21st 2006 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Canada Southbound
Make sure your references include proof of seniority/experience, not just x was a good employee. Proof of the job offer in writing. I've heard different things about Visa strategies. I'm applying for PRV right away when I do, to avoid complications. I don't think you have to be legally married. I'd be ready to show evidence how long you've been together. I would check with NZ immigration directly for that one though.

yes, could look it up on the 'net - after 18months of looking at the NZIS site it sorta makes sense to me now....
as far as proof of stable relationship goes I understand that proof of joint accounts, utility bills and I suppose certificates of birth with both names on will do.
remember if you don't go down the PR route then your family won't have any med cover other than basic emergency stuff (if you are from the right country, inc UK) so you may need medical insurance.
if your OH goes for a work visa/permit then you & kids have to apply for a seperate visa. I can look some specifics up in the PR EOI guide or on the website if you are stuck.
as far as medicals go we had to get a copy of the latest cervical smear test for my OH and the red record books for the kids to take to the medical.
I must have forgotten something ---- help :beer:

Canada Southbound Oct 21st 2006 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by lardyl
yes, could look it up on the 'net - after 18months of looking at the NZIS site it sorta makes sense to me now....
as far as proof of stable relationship goes I understand that proof of joint accounts, utility bills and I suppose certificates of birth with both names on will do.
remember if you don't go down the PR route then your family won't have any med cover other than basic emergency stuff (if you are from the right country, inc UK) so you may need medical insurance.
if your OH goes for a work visa/permit then you & kids have to apply for a seperate visa. I can look some specifics up in the PR EOI guide or on the website if you are stuck.
as far as medicals go we had to get a copy of the latest cervical smear test for my OH and the red record books for the kids to take to the medical.
I must have forgotten something ---- help :beer:

Sunblock. I'm not being cheeky. I just came back from two weeks there. The one truly gorgeous day I spent on Waiheke Island. Wear sunblock. Especially the kids.

lardyl Oct 21st 2006 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Canada Southbound
Sunblock. I'm not being cheeky. I just came back from two weeks there. The one truly gorgeous day I spent on Waiheke Island. Wear sunblock. Especially the kids.

dusted off the snow eh?? (joking)
We just bought some all in ones/hats for the kids SPF50 form Bumpto3 (the company that makes the GroBag) - on special offer..... gotta live in hope !!"{}"!! ;)

newkiwi Oct 23rd 2006 9:02 pm

stacey

You definately need police checks, best to get that organised before you leave. But they are only valid for a certain number of months, so dont get them too early.
you can do your medicals in NZ
Im not sure / cant remember what the letter of reference from employment needs to say.
you need to prove your a genuine couple, joint bank accounts, utility bills addressed to you both at the same address, joint wills/ nominating each other as beneficiaries on life insurance. You need to show youve lived together as a couple for a certain amount of time.

Karen2000 Oct 24th 2006 5:45 am

Originally Posted by newkiwi
You definately need police checks, best to get that organised before you leave. But they are only valid for a certain number of months, so dont get them too early.
you can do your medicals in NZ
Im not sure / cant remember what the letter of reference from employment needs to say.
you need to prove your a genuine couple, joint bank accounts, utility bills addressed to you both at the same address, joint wills/ nominating each other as beneficiaries on life insurance. You need to show youve lived together as a couple for a certain amount of time.

Hi,
So what you are saying is get the police checks done in Uk and leave the medical exam and chest xrays until you are in NZ . I read on the forms that there are no panel doctors in NZ you must contact a GP , is that difficult to do ? I was planning on completing the medical stuff just before I left as it is only valid for 3 months is this the best route to go down . I am stumbling in the dark here !

Thanks Karen