British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   what else do you need? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/what-else-do-you-need-507475/)

newzealandplease Jan 19th 2008 8:17 pm

what else do you need?

Fly out on Work Visa this month.

Other than Passport/Visa, flight ticket and luggage what else do you need?

cheers

happynz Jan 19th 2008 8:27 pm

Re: what else do you need?

Originally Posted by newzealandplease (Post 5811300)

cheers

A positive attitude, a sense of humour, a sun hat and sunglasses (not joking), stamina (there seems to be a bit of rushing around getting things done as you get settled in). Otherwise you seem set.

Maz Jan 19th 2008 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by happynz (Post 5811329)
A positive attitude, a sense of humour, a sun hat and sunglasses (not joking), stamina (there seems to be a bit of rushing around getting things done as you get settled in). Otherwise you seem set.

Don't forget some lightweight long-sleeved white shirts. :thumbup: Wide-brimmed hats are a MUST!

newzealandplease Jan 19th 2008 8:41 pm

Darn - hats don't suit me :)

Best not go on too much about the sun as the family aren't following on until PR is sorted :( UK is pretty miserable right now.

Have 1 week to prepare and the lists growing. Wish like mad the PR had come through and we could come over together.

Marika 38 Jan 19th 2008 8:44 pm

I'd like to add, maybe a bit, or sometimes alot of patience, kiwi's are very laid back, and remind us of our Cornish saying of "doing it dreckly". But all the ones we have met so far have been so kind and helpful, so I'm not complaining, us Cornish can be very laid back too. :)
Maz, i love your little changing pic.

happynz Jan 19th 2008 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by newzealandplease (Post 5811391)
Have 1 week to prepare and the lists growing. Wish like mad the PR had come through and we could come over together.

If you have a work visa why didn't you add on your family (partner and kids, if any. Parents and siblings at this stage are a no goer though)?

:confused:

newzealandplease Jan 19th 2008 9:46 pm

working on the positive attitude, finished the soul destroying job I had in the UK yesterday. Imagine I'll be happy smiley by Tuesday :)

The misses is sorting out a few things over here first. Mainly the house. Took some working out what was practical, but I needed to start the job. Gives me chance to sort out a family rental too (can't believe she trusts me to find a long term rental for 'home'.

Thank god for video Skype! Our three year old is a dab hand with it now.

karonious Jan 20th 2008 3:08 am

cheers

A swiss army knife or leatherman type knife is invaluable. You can assemble/fix pretty much anything with one of them and it doesn't take up much room in your luggage :cool:

TeamEmbo Jan 20th 2008 4:00 am

cheers

Money. Pots and pots of money. And a wallet with a velco fastener as it'll be leaving it faster than you know :rofl:
Good luck, hope it all works out :thumbup: