What Does It Cost

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 4:08 pm
It Was Here This Morning

Want2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really nice
Default What Does It Cost

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the cost involved in submitting your EOI and costs thereafter.

Thanks In Advance.

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 4:29 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: What Does It Cost

Originally Posted by Want2goNow
Hi,

Can anyone tell me the cost involved in submitting your EOI and costs thereafter.

Thanks In Advance.

The first part is easy:

NZD$300 if you submit online. NZD$420 if you wanna do the paper version.
NZD$75 if you need to have the NZQA give you a preliminary number for 'verifying' your educational qualifications.

The cost thereafter part is a bit tricky as it depends on where you get your medicals done, how many countries you've lived in in the past ten years (police clearances for each and the costs associated with those). Just assume that there will a need for paying out more than you think.

But here are the bare-bones costs as they cost me applying here in New Zealand. Your mileage may vary:

NZD$450 for NZQA verification.
NZD$800 for ITA submission.
NZD$900 for migrant levy (NZD$300 per person on the application).
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 7:46 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
The first part is easy:

NZD$300 if you submit online. NZD$420 if you wanna do the paper version.
NZD$75 if you need to have the NZQA give you a preliminary number for 'verifying' your educational qualifications.

The cost thereafter part is a bit tricky as it depends on where you get your medicals done, how many countries you've lived in in the past ten years (police clearances for each and the costs associated with those). Just assume that there will a need for paying out more than you think.

But here are the bare-bones costs as they cost me applying here in New Zealand. Your mileage may vary:

NZD$450 for NZQA verification.
NZD$800 for ITA submission.
NZD$900 for migrant levy (NZD$300 per person on the application).
Add to that the flight tickets, house sale and furniture shipment and the initial setting up costs in NZ, car purchase, rental deposit and bond, etc.......
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 8:07 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

We paid (in pounds Sterling) 10 for each police check, 40 for each chest x-ray (discount for having 4 done together, else 45 for one) and medicals were 289.50 per adult and 90 per child. That was panel doc in Shropshire. Not too sure if they're nationwide prices, but hope it helps.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 10:24 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

$300 to submit EOI online

£20 for 2 police checks

£985 for medicals, bloods & x rays for 2 adults, 3 kids, one of which is over 11 so had to have x rays too but thankfully no blood tests

£525 to submit ITA
£450ish ( can't remember exact amount) for migrant levy

£4,100 for container & insurance

£2,500 for flights and stopover

PLUS bond and first months rent in advance for rental $3,000!!!!

This doesn't include OH reccie for job interviews either!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sirplug
Add to that the flight tickets, house sale and furniture shipment and the initial setting up costs in NZ, car purchase, rental deposit and bond, etc.......
40 ft container, packed and wrapped, 5 one way tickets, all paper work and medicals for NZIS..not much change out of £12000.

That was the cost JUST to get us and our stuff to NZ. Add another $9000NZ for a complete set of white ware for the kitchen (gave all the old stuff away) $25000NZ for 2 half reasonable cars (can do it cheaper but we bought for the long term...then associated housing costs..its not cheap. Probably a good job I waited till my mid 40's to have a bit saved aye?

Then there are extra costs that just come up from nowhere. We spent $1000's getting things done that needed doing, buying stuff that we felt we needed..we got thru' raft of money...but NEVER one regret.

I think it is wise to sit down and ensure that you will be able to afford what you plan..sometimes also for what you can't plan..this emigration IS NOT EASY..and the worst thing is doing it and being utterly broke..we did not have much but we ensured that afore we came we had enough for all we planned...and for that which we did not..ie a bit in reserve.

I do not believe it is advisable undertake emigration unless you are certain of your fiscal wherewithall. The reason I say that is becasue of ALL THE HEARTACHE I have read about over the past 2 years of people on the bones of their arses because they got their sums wrong. He who dares wins but at the end of the day you cannot eat being brave, the scenery or empty beaches. Do your sums!!!! Its bad enough having money problems back 'home'..but in a new country, starting a new life???
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 6:13 am
It Was Here This Morning

Want2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really nice

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
$300 to submit EOI online

£20 for 2 police checks

£985 for medicals, bloods & x rays for 2 adults, 3 kids, one of which is over 11 so had to have x rays too but thankfully no blood tests

£525 to submit ITA
£450ish ( can't remember exact amount) for migrant levy

£4,100 for container & insurance

£2,500 for flights and stopover

PLUS bond and first months rent in advance for rental $3,000!!!!

This doesn't include OH reccie for job interviews either!!!

Not cheap then
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 6:18 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Want2goNow
Not cheap then

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:03 am
Just Joined

gemz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi if your job does not require anything other than work experience. Do you still have to get this NZQA thing done??? What get my GCSEs translated??

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:25 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gemz
Hi if your job does not require anything other than work experience. Do you still have to get this NZQA thing done??? What get my GCSEs translated??

I don't think GCSEs count. And I pretty sure that the lists for Immediate and Absolute skills both had qualifications which would be accepted or at least equivalent that were tertiary quals relevant to the job you are applying for along with experience. I don't know how this works or if it is relevant if you are coming on a holiday visa in the hope of getting work you could then put in for PR with, but if that's the case don't you still have to prove that a NZder couldn't do the job?
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:30 am
Just Joined

gemz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
I don't think GCSEs count. And I pretty sure that the lists for Immediate and Absolute skills both had qualifications which would be accepted or at least equivalent that were tertiary quals relevant to the job you are applying for along with experience. I don't know how this works or if it is relevant if you are coming on a holiday visa in the hope of getting work you could then put in for PR with, but if that's the case don't you still have to prove that a NZder couldn't do the job?
Yeah you do have to prove that a NZ couldnt do the job but it can be say the job advert and reciept as proof along with the completed employer form saying that no new zealanders applied or none with experience.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gemz
Yeah you do have to prove that a NZ couldnt do the job but it can be say the job advert and reciept as proof along with the completed employer form saying that no new zealanders applied or none with experience.
What if a vacancy has been advertised for over 8 months with no suitable applicants or NO applicants (Kiwi or otherwise) Couldn't that be interpreted as 'No Kiwi can/want's to do the job'.? Could it be classed in 'a skills shortage' area?
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 1:21 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by jennifer45
What if a vacancy has been advertised for over 8 months with no suitable applicants or NO applicants (Kiwi or otherwise) Couldn't that be interpreted as 'No Kiwi can/want's to do the job'.? Could it be classed in 'a skills shortage' area?
If the employer can demonstrate to NZIS that a reasonable effort has been made to recruit locals and none could be found, then yeah, a work permit could probably be issued.

Case study: A couple of years ago I busted my ankle and was unable to go to work and it looked like I'd be out of work for some time. My wife was working as a sewing machinist. We decided that'd be best if we swapped around the permits making her the principle applicant and I'd coattail her as the dependent. We went down to the Christchurch NZIS office and explained our situation. The NZIS helpfully explained that my wife's employer needed to write a letter explaining why they have been unable to get any qualified applicants and show recent newspaper adverts showing they've solicited for workers. Work and Income New Zealand (WINZ) then had to be contacted to see if any beneficiaries on the back-to-work track were qualified or tried to get work in the sewing factory. Of course there were none.Finding skilled sewing machinists willing to work for the wages that are usually offered in that industry is like finding hen's teeth.
At any rate, after several days of getting the different paperwork together we went back to the NZIS and got our stickers pasted in the same day, my wife being the principle applicant and me getting an open work permit.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
If the employer can demonstrate to NZIS that a reasonable effort has been made to recruit locals and none could be found, then yeah, a work permit could probably be issued.

Case study: A couple of years ago I busted my ankle and was unable to go to work and it looked like I'd be out of work for some time. My wife was working as a sewing machinist. We decided that'd be best if we swapped around the permits making her the principle applicant and I'd coattail her as the dependent. We went down to the Christchurch NZIS office and explained our situation. The NZIS helpfully explained that my wife's employer needed to write a letter explaining why they have been unable to get any qualified applicants and show recent newspaper adverts showing they've solicited for workers. Work and Income New Zealand (WINZ) then had to be contacted to see if any beneficiaries on the back-to-work track were qualified or tried to get work in the sewing factory. Of course there were none.Finding skilled sewing machinists willing to work for the wages that are usually offered in that industry is like finding hen's teeth.
At any rate, after several days of getting the different paperwork together we went back to the NZIS and got our stickers pasted in the same day, my wife being the principle applicant and me getting an open work permit.
Thanks for that,
I'll forward it to relevant party.
They have similar situation. Unique type of job, crazy shifts, poor pay, no real paper qualifications required but experience, stamina, fitness, ability to cope single handed with possible dangers and a particular type of personality. No Kiwi takers accept two ex-pats doing a job previously done by 3.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold

Most UK quals do not need to be approved - right up to postgrad level. Check costs and info on www.immigration.govt.nz - they have a full list of UK quals and institutions that don't require NZ approval. Only tertiary ortrade qualifications count to points totals for PR though. Unfortunately the rest of the costs are all required and are pretty expensive.