Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What do you wish you'd brought with you?

What do you wish you'd brought with you?

Old Feb 7th 2010, 12:55 pm
watch this space.......!!

gags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What do you wish you'd brought with you?

Can someone please tell me if they wished they'd bought with them their outside furniture,wooden tables, chairs, and/or wooden swing seat, metal table chairs. Outside ornaments, not the concrete type?

We thought we were off in 2008 and cleaned THE WHOLE LOT. Repainted, sanded, washed, disinfected but then it all fell through. Not sure we can go through all that again!! What do you all think? Are these things resonably priced out there or should we take them?

Very fond of my outside stuff. Didn't cost a fortune, don't have a fortune but we have looked after it all and it all does add up at the end of the day.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gags
Outside furniture,wooden tables, chairs, wooden swing seat, metal table chairs. Outside ornaments, not the concrete type? We thought we were off in 2008 and cleaned THE WHOLE LOT. Repainted, sanded, washed, disinfected but then it all fell through. Not sure we can go through all that again!! What do you all think? Are these things resonably priced out there or should we take them?
we have decided to take all of our stuff, unless its falling apart! Our way of thinking is here no one wants to pay for secondhand and you end up giving it away just to see it out of the way. When- if we get there we will just try and sell it too all of you that decided not to bring it? Things like all the boys toys they no longer use, Dr Who, lego etc which others may like to have. We still have hubby's Sega megadrive with loads of games- still works aswell. x
Old Feb 7th 2010, 3:46 pm
watch this space.......!!

gags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by alchris
we have decided to take all of our stuff, unless its falling apart! Our way of thinking is here no one wants to pay for secondhand and you end up giving it away just to see it out of the way. When- if we get there we will just try and sell it too all of you that decided not to bring it? Things like all the boys toys they no longer use, Dr Who, lego etc which others may like to have. We still have hubby's Sega megadrive with loads of games- still works aswell. x
That indeed, was/is our way of thinking. It's just that it took so long to clean up the last time and then repaint, I don't know if we can go through that again. But knowing us we probably will. Old habits die hard. Don't like to waste money and we would probably end up giving it away, so come with us they will. Have to find a good home for my chooks though. I know they can't come.

Still need to know if garden stuff over there is reasonably priced though. Do they still do sales at end of season like here?
Old Feb 7th 2010, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice

just google for it or go look on trademe.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:05 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I've been looking for some bits of outdoor furniture that I like for a while now & not found anything that appeals at a price we can afford.
If you like your stuff, then I'd say bring it.

Browse Four Seasons

Trade Me
Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold

Just a warning on taking gardening things and bikes...

my brother meticuously cleaned his mountain bikes and gardening tools only to have to pay around $500 to have them MAF inspected and disinfected!!!!

hth

Lydia
Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:57 am
`

Cool Re: What do you wish you'd brought with you?

Bad luck indeed.

We paid nothing at all and did declare everything.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold

He moved 5 years ago...if your was sooner Bev then it looks like they've relaxed things at last.

I may just take mine now!
Old Feb 25th 2010, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

E45 CREAM
Old Feb 25th 2010, 6:33 am
ble
Forum Regular

ble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud of

We got the pressure washer out and cleaned up and shipped with no fees or fines the

kids outside bikes and trikes and plastic slide.
My terrocotta (sp?) plant containers (only one broken on the trip);
three pieces of sandstone from our old house
sundial
outside furniture
sand pit toys
boots
toboggan

You name it we brought it.

I have sold the things off on Trade Me that we haven't needed or used.

I wish that I had bought our front loader washing machine - but we left it with the house.

We bought out most of the other white goods; tv etc - just changed the plugs (well most of them - never quite finished that job_
Old Feb 25th 2010, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crap coffee
E45 CREAM
http://www.wyliespharmacy.co.nz/wp/i...ro&id=20114800
Old Feb 25th 2010, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

thanks tho.

I was refering to E45 body lotion.

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/e45-e...e_1_11408.html

Can't find equivalent of ....here.

Sebamed ranges available at a pharmacy but I don't want.

so have decided to buy Clarins body lotion. soooooooooo expensive can't help tho. I prefer natural ingredients to chemical. E45 is the only one I don't mind .. can order from the UK pharmacy but I don't bother.

Last edited by crap coffee; Feb 25th 2010 at 11:49 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by crap coffee
wonder... why do Brits drink/need very strong cuppa?

am drinking tea now.. Does this look too weak and yucky for ya?
I drink weak tea.. unlike most Brits. anyway I don't often drink tea hence I can't really tell... What are the major differences between Yorkshire tea, Scottish Breakfast tea VS Dilmah or any Kiwi tea bags...

I find Dilmah tea bag too horrible, so I've been using loose leaf.. its weak but delicate flavour. its ok. well I don't see why I need to go for Yorkshire... Yorkshire Gold is a good stuff.. but regular Yorkshire tea (and Tetley, PG Tips etc..) - personally I do not like it.

I drink Rington's tea, which is even stronger than Yorkshire tea, and I put a load in the container - I will tell you if it gets through or not!
It isn't 'food' like fresh fruit and veg, which what I thought MAF were concerned about, so I thought it would be okay.- we'll see!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 7:26 pm
`

Originally Posted by 4pommes
He moved 5 years ago...if your was sooner Bev then it looks like they've relaxed things at last.

I may just take mine now!
Noo. We arrived before him then. 2004.

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 3rd 2010 at 7:29 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mudblood21
I drink Rington's tea, which is even stronger than Yorkshire tea, and I put a load in the container - I will tell you if it gets through or not!
It isn't 'food' like fresh fruit and veg, which what I thought MAF were concerned about, so I thought it would be okay.- we'll see!
Yes it will be ok best to put items like this down as kitchen items none food

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.