Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What do you miss most??

What do you miss most??

Old Jul 1st 2009, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Rustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What do you miss most??

Oh! I found WKD iron brew flavour locally too mmmmmm!
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
Kerikeri New World has irn bru.
I'm another one that misses double cream - it's amazing really as here we are in New Zealand, a huge dairy country, and no double cream!
I'm going back for a holiday in October and I will stuff myself till I'm ill with tescos cheese and onion crisps!
I used to miss rowies but now a baker in Auckland makes them and he sends them up to me
managed to get a can in the lotto shop in town for around 3 bux, it was amazing but i could feel the migraine coming on as i drunk it so havnt bought any more, nice for a wee treat though now and again
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rustie
Oh! I found WKD iron brew flavour locally too mmmmmm!
i never liked this, always reminded me of cheap solripe irn bru, has to be girders for me, a bit like myslef ..made in scotland lol

now i love blue wkd mmmmmmmm
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

Rustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of light

They have the blue one too, for $12 a pack of 4, but i can't stand the blue and my friend said she didn't think it tasted the same!!!
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rustie
They have the blue one too, for $12 a pack of 4, but i can't stand the blue and my friend said she didn't think it tasted the same!!!
thats really good, what shop is it from? The only alco pop that i have found was archers fruit frusions ( though called something different here) i got them in the liquor store in papamoa for around 12$ a 4 pack though i havnt seen it here and i loooove them. I will have to have a wee look around, cos im getting sick of wine and the southern comfort not as strong here so my long southern comforts not as good so dont really enjoy them ..i need a new drink me thinks lol
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:26 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cleverchap
Bisto gravy

I get Bisto in my local New World
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by P2L
I get Bisto in my local New World
yup get it every where here, all the flavours too
Old Jul 1st 2009, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
thats really good, what shop is it from? The only alco pop that i have found was archers fruit frusions ( though called something different here) i got them in the liquor store in papamoa for around 12$ a 4 pack though i havnt seen it here and i loooove them. I will have to have a wee look around, cos im getting sick of wine and the southern comfort not as strong here so my long southern comforts not as good so dont really enjoy them ..i need a new drink me thinks lol
It's a normal liquor store in West Auckland! I have a pack of 4 i can send if you want, although not sure if they'll get to in one piece!!!? Or if anyone is going that way?????
Old Jul 1st 2009, 12:01 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Send 'em via me. I'll check 'em out first.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Et tu Bev??? Nooooooo!
Old Jul 1st 2009, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: What do you miss most??

do you have marmite, and gin in NZ?????

love a G&T and some toast with marmite on it of an evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anna
Old Jul 1st 2009, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crumpy10
do you have marmite, and gin in NZ?????

love a G&T and some toast with marmite on it of an evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anna
Yes we do. I think Marmite is packaged as Our Mate but as I'm firmly in the hate it camp, I'm not 100% sure.

Gin - we are fairly civilised out here you know
I have 3 litres of the stuff in my garage
Old Jul 1st 2009, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: What do you miss most??

oh spiffing stuff!!!!!!!!!!

glad to hear it!!

do you have to get a licence for that much alcohol!!!??????????

Anna
Old Jul 1st 2009, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

can you believe gary got home last night, and i was telling him about the blue vk and he said oh yea i saw that in hamilton while i was there, i should of sent him back to get some lol...

dont worry about sending knowing my luck it will smash haha , but i am going to keep an eye out for it

caz
Old Jul 1st 2009, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

metsecman will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by crumpy10
oh spiffing stuff!!!!!!!!!!

glad to hear it!!

do you have to get a licence for that much alcohol!!!??????????

Anna
There are three yeast extract products available here and I like them all. Marmite (NZ version of Marmite) MyMate (imported UK version) and Vegemite (Australian version).
It is not illegal to distill alcohol here so you can make loads of Gin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.