Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What do you do to...

What do you do to...

Old Sep 27th 2012, 9:15 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you do to...

Originally Posted by chippy64
A good long walk on the beach, from Forest Park to New Brighton Pier and back. Pop into the library when you get to the pier, go upstairs and sit in the big armchairs, facing out to sea and do nothing
I love New Brighton library Might relax me to the point of sleep but it's a good idea, watch the sea in the warmth and switch off completely. You around tomorrow early afternoon? I'm over your way but all depends on what happens at work
Old Sep 27th 2012, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
I love New Brighton library Might relax me to the point of sleep but it's a good idea, watch the sea in the warmth and switch off completely. You around tomorrow early afternoon? I'm over your way but all depends on what happens at work
Yep, home until 2.30. Are you at Parklands? Text me if you have free time
Old Sep 27th 2012, 9:36 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, home until 2.30. Are you at Parklands? Text me if you have free time
Will do. Should be around then but work has a habit of interfering in my attempts at a social life
Old Sep 27th 2012, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Will do. Should be around then but work has a habit of interfering in my attempts at a social life
No worries - I'm working 7.30am to 6pm for following 2 weeks. No real breaks - even get to eat a packed lunch with the children at the holiday programme . My wine bill might be slightly higher at the weekends
Old Sep 27th 2012, 10:07 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

. Pop into the library when you get to the pier, go upstairs and sit in the big armchairs, facing out to sea and do nothing

Me and him have done that. Feb 2004
Old Sep 27th 2012, 10:29 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What do you do to...

Wouldn't it be easier to "deal" with work? I mean jesus Perse you have to spend 8 or more hours of your life there a day.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 10:54 am
Queen of the Underworld

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Wouldn't it be easier to "deal" with work? I mean jesus Perse you have to spend 8 or more hours of your life there a day.
Work isn't the problem at the moment, my job isn't very predictable. Can go from quiet and boring to non stop in a few minutes and when it needs doing it usually needs doing now! Nothing I can do about that

Oh and usually the chance of getting stupidly busy and not getting away on time is fully proportional to how much you plan or desire something

Last edited by Persephone; Sep 27th 2012 at 10:59 am.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice

I sew; find the concentration involved clears my mind. I'm lucky that I get to do some sewing at work; always feel very serene after suturing (think its my favourite bit of my job). Housework to very loud music helps too, the singing and dancing involved is good and it comes with the added bonus that I've achieved something.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

IngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering if you don't have a bridesmaid? You could ask her to help with some of wedding prep, would take some pressure off you.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 11:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IngStina
Just wondering if you don't have a bridesmaid? You could ask her to help with some of wedding prep, would take some pressure off you.
I'll be your bridesmaid Perse
Old Sep 27th 2012, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

IngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I'll be your bridesmaid Perse
lol
Old Sep 28th 2012, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IngStina
lol
Looks like Persephone thinks I'm joking. I love long dresses & having flowers in me 'air. I refuse to wear yellow though & it's not up for discussion
Old Sep 29th 2012, 6:00 am
Queen of the Underworld

Looks like Persephone thinks I'm joking. I love long dresses & having flowers in me 'air. I refuse to wear yellow though & it's not up for discussion
No not me, it was that Ingstina who was laughing!

VBS, I'd love to have you as my bridesmaid I've got an idea for the dress and it's not yellow. Obviously the sleeves need to be a bit puffier and I'm thinking more of a pastel peach in colour but I will be splashing out on the finest polyester for the fabric! You'll look amazing
Attached Thumbnails What do you do to...-pink_dress4_340x490.jpg  
Old Sep 29th 2012, 6:27 am
Account Closed

No not me, it was that Ingstina who was laughing!

VBS, I'd love to have you as my bridesmaid I've got an idea for the dress and it's not yellow. Obviously the sleeves need to be a bit puffier and I'm thinking more of a pastel peach in colour but I will be splashing out on the finest polyester for the fabric! You'll look amazing
Looks simply gawjus dahlink . I think I may need more ruffles on it though Polyester's my favourite fabric, how did you know
Old Sep 29th 2012, 6:44 am
Queen of the Underworld

Looks simply gawjus dahlink . I think I may need more ruffles on it though Polyester's my favourite fabric, how did you know
OOh more ruffles all the way down to the floor, the more the merrier. Send me your vital statistics Vitalstatistix and I'll get onto the dressmaker tonight.
I just knew you'd adore polyester-who doesn't love that sumptuous feeling as it caresses itself against your bare skin and the static it gives off as you shimmy across the dancefloor Only the best for you VBS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.