What do we do?

Old Aug 19th 2006, 10:49 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold
Default What do we do?

My lady is a hairdresser and has worked for herself for the last 2 years...before that she worked for her boss, who owned the business she now runs and owns....he sadly passed away 2 years ago.

This leaves no employer to confirm the experience she has (12+ years), although she can confirm the last 2. Obviously this is a big difference with regards to points etc. Her Trade Qualifications do date back to 95, but that's not a confirmation of employment. Any ideas?

cheers, Rich
Old Aug 19th 2006, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

StevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud of
Default Re: What do we do?

Originally Posted by theguitardoctor
My lady is a hairdresser and has worked for herself for the last 2 years...before that she worked for her boss, who owned the business she now runs and owns....he sadly passed away 2 years ago.

This leaves no employer to confirm the experience she has (12+ years), although she can confirm the last 2. Obviously this is a big difference with regards to points etc. Her Trade Qualifications do date back to 95, but that's not a confirmation of employment. Any ideas?

cheers, Rich
Maybe she can use her old P60s as proof? I know that most people don't hold onto them for that long but maybe the Inland Revenue can provide copies, or a record of them? Purely supposition on my part of course. You could always ask NZIS what they would suggest, don't know how far you'll get with that though

Last edited by StevieB; Aug 19th 2006 at 10:58 pm. Reason: spelling!
Old Aug 19th 2006, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default What do we do?

I’m sure this happens all the time.

My boss retired and I had no forwarding address, only a hotmail address, that was OK for them.

Just explain it to them and I am almost positive they will accept.

Good luck!
Old Aug 19th 2006, 11:05 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by StevieB
Maybe she can use her old P60s as proof? I know that most people don't hold onto them for that long but maybe the Inland Revenue can provide copies, or a record of them? Purely supposition on my part of course. You could always ask NZIS what they would suggest, don't know how far you'll get with that though
Yeah, thought about the p60's ... don't think she can find them....I know I wouldn't have mine after that long....

There's always her boss's surviving wife I guess as a reference....how that would go with NZIS I don't know.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 11:08 pm
Life's next chapter is?

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
I’m sure this happens all the time.

My boss retired and I had no forwarding address, only a hotmail address, that was OK for them.

Just explain it to them and I am almost positive they will accept.

Good luck!
Thanks for the positive outlook...really need it...cheers.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

bramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of light

cheers, Rich
I had the same problem (but with plumbing outfit no longer in existence).
I paid Companies House for proof the firm existed and got testimonials from others associated with the firm.
The immigration people are only trying to cover their arses and aren't out to give you a hard time.
The tax office keeps records of NI contributions and they did me a print off from day one which also confirmed my employment history.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 11:34 pm
Life's next chapter is?

Originally Posted by bramptonbrian
I had the same problem (but with plumbing outfit no longer in existence).
I paid Companies House for proof the firm existed and got testimonials from others associated with the firm.
The immigration people are only trying to cover their arses and aren't out to give you a hard time.
The tax office keeps records of NI contributions and they did me a print off from day one which also confirmed my employment history.
Thanks for the tip....could go via the NI office...good idea.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

caitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nice

I im in similar position having my own business and no employer to vouch for me. Your wife needs to get certified copies of her accounts for the past two years and use P60's for the remainder. She should be able to get a statement from the revenue
Old Aug 20th 2006, 10:46 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

cheers, Rich
What about the customers? ie regular clients? (along with the other good points other posters have made about companies office and P60's, your tax returns).
Old Aug 20th 2006, 12:49 pm
Life's next chapter is?

Thanks for the tips guys,

Rich