Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

what to do with a day in Wellington?

what to do with a day in Wellington?

Old Oct 12th 2014, 10:50 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: what to do with a day in Wellington?

Cheers all.

We were looking for something different to do from what we have here and what we have done in Wellington a fair few times before.

Anyway, we arrived and went to have lunch. In the evening we were booked to see the WOW.

Next day we hired a car and visited Mount Bruce. This place was well worth it IMHO but then I am into birds bigtime.

Leisurely drive back and then evening meal and a few jars at the Back Benchers. It was quiet in there but that suited us. I'm not fond of Courtney Place /Cuba Street of a weekend evening at all.

We then strolled back along the front before calling it a day.
Old Oct 13th 2014, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

snaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nice

I agree with 'Te Papa and a walk along the waterfront'.

Te Papa is amazing and free.

The waterfront is free and amazing.
Old Oct 13th 2014, 7:30 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yup. However we have been here over ten years and simply wanted to do something different.

For all of the worth, Te Papa is a lot the same old same old after a while. We have amazing waterfront here where we live and we had it where we were in the UK.

The Botanic Gardens are OK but we have them here and also where we came from and more some. Same for the Observatory . However I have to say it was far , far better where we came from. I am into the celestial sky bigtime.

We simply wanted to find something different to engage us.

We were there for the WOW and chose Mount Bruce.