British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   what a disaster (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/what-disaster-699660/)

karonious Jan 7th 2011 9:23 pm

what a disaster

2 Attachment(s)
Well, what a to do :eek:
No 1 son had been in the country all of 8 days when he came off the Ducati and broke his ankle. Not just broken but pretty well shattered to be precise. Poor Shane.
Bizarrely he was picked off the road by one of my very good friends, Jac (of Jac and Adie fame) who answered the 111 call for an ambulance.
As luck would have it, Shane had his camera on him and there are several photos of his journey through A&E.
This was mid November and he is on the mend now, just bored witless.
Soooo if anyone was looking for guitar tuition in the Kapiti area, he is a qualified teacher and is looking for something to do.

RobClubley Jan 8th 2011 2:09 am

Re: what a disaster

Ouch!! Glad he's on the mend.

karonious Jan 8th 2011 2:38 am

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by RobClubley (Post 9085542)
Ouch!! Glad he's on the mend.

Poor bugger eh? Not to worry, the cast should come off next week and then he will have 2 weeks on the crutches. he should have started work on the Monday but had the accident on the Wednesday prior to that. if he had actually started work he would have been eligible for ACC towards his wages but at least he didn't have to pay for his hospital care.

BEVS Jan 8th 2011 3:57 am

I've just shown Phil the photos.

He says to you..... " more importantly , how's the Ducati ?" ... cheeky blimmin' so-and-so.

Made my toes curl , did those pics. Looked incredibly painful & I hope he regains quality strength in that leg and ankle as quickly as poss. Ankles are awkward things to fix.

Phil says that when he broke his leg 500 years ago , he had the same type of break. Not the shattered ankle bit but the leg & pins.He has a couple of great yarns about the rehab and being washed down and stuff. :lol: He's still got the dents.

....he should have started work on the Monday but had the accident on the Wednesday prior to that. if he had actually started work he would have been eligible for ACC towards his wages
Poo !
I bet he is bored . Young'uns aren't meant to sit still for more than 2 minutes.

For your delectation & only coz it's you. A very young Phil with hair and plastercast . :p

ps....can you make a wee update to your blog please. I wanna share with Rete, Sue and the rest of the mods. :wub: 'Specially Rete. If not. Send her a PM update m'love.
Cheers

j19fmm Jan 8th 2011 6:01 pm

OWWWW!!!
Poor lad that looks horrific :ohmy:

BEVS Jan 9th 2011 5:50 am

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 9086840)
OWWWW!!!
Poor lad that looks horrific

I married him :sneaky:

j19fmm Jan 9th 2011 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9087802)
I married him :sneaky:

No you muppet I was refering to the photos and xray from Karonius!!!

Rete Jan 9th 2011 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9085718)
I've just shown Phil the photos.

For your delectation & only coz it's you. A very young Phil with hair and plastercast . :p

ps....can you make a wee update to your blog please. I wanna share with Rete, Sue and the rest of the mods. :wub: 'Specially Rete. If not. Send her a PM update m'love.
Cheers

Now my curiosity is highly arousing although I can garner a thought or two of what has happened. I'm awaiting my PM.:fingerscrossed::rolleyes:

Love that pic of Phil. what a handsome chap.

BEVS Jan 9th 2011 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 9088486)
No you muppet I was refering to the photos and xray from Karonius!!!

I know. I just couldn't resist.

j19fmm Jan 10th 2011 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9089000)
I know. I just couldn't resist.

You're sooooo not funny :frown:

BEVS Jan 10th 2011 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 9091756)
You're sooooo not funny :frown:

:confused: sorry.

j19fmm Jan 10th 2011 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9091762)
:confused: sorry.

Ha got ya back :rofl:

Hey did your christmas card arrive?:confused:

LukeandJo Jan 11th 2011 5:59 am

Owww now that looks bad!
Loads of rest needed.

karonious Jan 15th 2011 8:36 am

He finally got the plaster off 2 days ago.
Oh My God.
What a stink!! Bleeeughhh....
Looking a bit better now though. So to celebrate today, he went out with a girl friend on the back of her 650....:rolleyes: