Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

what did you do today?

what did you do today?

Old Jan 17th 2007, 8:35 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what did you do today?

Today I went to work, got some lovely fish and chips on the way home, then packed boxes in preparation for our move to our very own house tomorrow!
Now sat down finally - hope we've bought the right house!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 8:41 am
AKA New Nurse

nearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jude J
Hi Claire, welcome aboard!
Well, it's only morning here and so far I have had a coffee and read emails from my family in UK, done a minimal amount of work (I dont really get going until at least midday!) and now I'm on here to see whats been going on since i was here last Thursday.
So I'll tell you about my day on Sunday.
Went for a drive with hubby and 2yr old daughter. We live just north of Auckland and love going out for drives, still exploring the area after 4 years.
We headed west and drove for about 30 minutes then stopped at a scenic reserve, parked up and wondered off into the woods. There were 3 other cars parked but we didn't see another soul whilst on our walk. We came across a small waterfall and stopped there for a while. It was a baking hot day but under cover of the trees it was perfect. Daughter spent ages picking up stones and throwing them in the water, and eventually when she had time to get her bearings she went in for a paddle! I knew she would, it was just a matter of time. I went in with her, the water was crystal clear and cool. After a while we walked on along the path, just taking it all in, the deep blue sky, huge trees, wild flowers, massive butterflies etc.
After a while we carried on with our trip, cut across from west to east, through some beautiful scenery, and stopped at Warkworth for a browse. Off again and next stop was Puhoi, there is a lovely cafe there where they make cheese. We had a glass of wine and sandwich, brought some cheese to take home, had a walk round the lake and then set off for home.
Fantastic day
Hi Jude

Well that done it!! Iv just got out of bed and was in much need of a reason to keep on studying, so thanks

I know of the areas you described so well. Iv been to nz 4 times and we have always been based in Snells Beach/Ahuroa. Ideally that is the area we want to live but the old real estate prices are climbing round those parts . It's so beautiful round there, I fell in love instantly. It's very like Scotland was about 20 years ago, laid back, friendly and welcoming.

Well thanks again for the renewed inspiration . I think sometimes when you are so caught-up in the realities of life in the uk, it's easy to lose sight of your dreams (hence the reason I so desperatly want to leave ).

claire x
Old Jan 17th 2007, 8:46 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Claire

Have you looked ath the great NZ picture thread. Lots on there to inspire you!!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404926
Old Jan 17th 2007, 8:59 am
AKA New Nurse

nearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant future

Hey Pixi-dust

Im actually about 20 miles ouside Glasgow in a rundown area called Newarthill. The nearest town is Motherwell.

When you say you 'were in Glagow', did you mean you were from there or just visiting? I ask because if you were from there and loved it im guessing your secretly quite well off (sorry if thats a bit cheeky). On the otherhand, if you were visiting, it's no surprise you loved it. It's a beautiful city. All the big old buildings have a way of transporting you back in time, especially Glasgow cathedral. I do lots of work placements in the Royal Infirmary which is next to the cathedral. Eveytime I walk past it I cant help but be in awe of it!

Hope you cats feeling a bit better . As for the dogs haircut, I bet your his/her best friend for lightning the load . Hope the sun keeps on shining. We had a wee snow flurry last night but it rained through the night and it was damp again by morning

claire
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:02 am
AKA New Nurse

Originally Posted by Batty
I signed up for swimming lessons yesterday - I start on 12 February I'm a bit nervous but mostly I'm excited

I've been saying for years that I'll do it but it's only since I came here that I've got the incentive.
Well done!!!

Iv never been brave enough to swim in the sea. Maybe when we finally move there that will give me the kick in the you-know-what I'v needed for years
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:06 am
AKA New Nurse

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Claire

Have you looked ath the great NZ picture thread. Lots on there to inspire you!!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404926
No I didnt know there was one, I'll check it out for sure.

Thanks

BTW wots with the new smillies, I prefered the old ones

claire
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:07 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nearly nurse
No I didnt know there was one, I'll check it out for sure.

Thanks

BTW wots with the new smillies, I prefered the old ones

claire
Don't mind the new ones but miss the old ones :curse:
Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:43 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nearly nurse
Hey Pixi-dust

Im actually about 20 miles ouside Glasgow in a rundown area called Newarthill. The nearest town is Motherwell.

When you say you 'were in Glagow', did you mean you were from there or just visiting? I ask because if you were from there and loved it im guessing your secretly quite well off (sorry if thats a bit cheeky). On the otherhand, if you were visiting, it's no surprise you loved it. It's a beautiful city. All the big old buildings have a way of transporting you back in time, especially Glasgow cathedral. I do lots of work placements in the Royal Infirmary which is next to the cathedral. Eveytime I walk past it I cant help but be in awe of it!

Hope you cats feeling a bit better . As for the dogs haircut, I bet your his/her best friend for lightning the load . Hope the sun keeps on shining. We had a wee snow flurry last night but it rained through the night and it was damp again by morning

claire
hi Claire, not cheeky! I lived there. When I first moved down I was a student living in Dennistoun ( which I really liked loads) with squat money Still loved it but was quite homesick for a few months. Then I started teaching and felt that I was rich as anything - just forgot that I had to pay tax,a mortgage etc then realised that I wasnt too rich at all! heehee. Laterly I lived in the west end and got married - was superficially better off - but it was all debt!

I love the cathedral too and the acropalypse ( no idea how you spell that - once got a call from my brother who was staying with me and he was lost on the way home - just said I am wondering round a never ending graveyard)

I know where Newarthill is - I used to teach in Nerston - neear East Kilbride and one of my friends lived there.

Cat seems good this morning! hes here right now!
Dog is happy as larry.

Keep your dream alive!!

( norah - good on you!!! I didnt know you couldnt swim - my mum began lessons when she retired so its never too late )
Old Jan 17th 2007, 8:04 pm
AKA New Nurse

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
hi Claire, not cheeky! I lived there. When I first moved down I was a student living in Dennistoun ( which I really liked loads) with squat money Still loved it but was quite homesick for a few months. Then I started teaching and felt that I was rich as anything - just forgot that I had to pay tax,a mortgage etc then realised that I wasnt too rich at all! heehee. Laterly I lived in the west end and got married - was superficially better off - but it was all debt!

I love the cathedral too and the acropalypse ( no idea how you spell that - once got a call from my brother who was staying with me and he was lost on the way home - just said I am wondering round a never ending graveyard)

I know where Newarthill is - I used to teach in Nerston - neear East Kilbride and one of my friends lived there.

Cat seems good this morning! hes here right now!
Dog is happy as larry.

Keep your dream alive!!

( norah - good on you!!! I didnt know you couldnt swim - my mum began lessons when she retired so its never too late )
Wow small world!!

cant believe you know Newarthill from all the way over there!! It's not the best place in the world but it's serving it's purpose for the time being.

I know what you mean about the graveyard and the ?necropolis? think thats what it's called (i know what you mean anyway lol. your brother could have been lost for sometime in there or possibly never to be seen again!!

glad the cat and dog are doing well . Also glad I dint offend you

claire

Last edited by nearly nurse; Jan 17th 2007 at 8:08 pm. Reason: soz i hit submit button by mistake
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:50 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

haha heres me calling it the Acropalypse!!!
Must go and look it up!!

just googled it - Necropolis - I am so dim!!
Old Jan 18th 2007, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

Here's a pic of the comet I took tonight

Kip

oops. try now!
Attached Thumbnails what did you do today?-comet3.jpg  

Last edited by Kippers; Jan 18th 2007 at 9:56 am. Reason: no link
Old Jan 18th 2007, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kippers

Kip

oops. try now!
What a lovely night view of bushes - but you've smeared a bit of Tippex (or should I say Twink?) down one side.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

JOKE, Kippers (damn where's that green laughing face?) - it's a good pic. And a lovely thing for you to see too.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 6:33 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Aw..the comet was fantastic last night - we watched it until it went over the horizon. Brilliant hey!
Old Jan 18th 2007, 9:18 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kippers

Kip

oops. try now!

Cool Pic.

Thanks Kippers. karma for that one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.