Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What did you do for........

What did you do for........

Old Jun 7th 2010, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of
Default What did you do for........

the long weekend.

I tried my hand at making sausages (we have friends who own their own butchers) and did a really great job. So much so I had difficulty in persuading people that I have never done it before. Shame I didn't get any pictures though I hope there will be a next time!

We also spent time with friends and neighbours. So although the weather wasn't great for a long weekend we had a great time all the same.

What about everyone else what did you all get up to?
Old Jun 7th 2010, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Tranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What did you do for........

I persuaded my Mrs we have to divoce

Last edited by Tranmere Rover; Jun 7th 2010 at 8:31 am.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

revised for 2 hour teaching language and literacy exam tomorrow morning 9am.....(great timing eh!)
Old Jun 7th 2010, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

lunch at MIL -
essay
swim at west wave
essay
mosey up the shops
essay
bit of wii
essay
Old Jun 7th 2010, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all

Flew to Melbourne for a nice long weekend away
Old Jun 7th 2010, 10:51 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Footie (5th grade), footie (9th grade) and footie (O35s, with a beer) till Sat 430pm
Then stayed with friends in Titirangi Sat night
Sunday more time with friends and then came back home to try to sort IT woes (qv).
Today went to sheepworld mainly to get some pressies for folks, etc when we head back for the UK hols next month - spent $470 on a few nice NZ pressies - hats, Canterbury boots, possom handbags and merino vests....aparently I am the greatest ever male shopper to have met the Sheepworld lady and MrsL needs to "keep hold of" me .
Then coached the boys 9th grade side and kept the lid on Lardy MkII who was upset with the way dad sorted out the sides......nothing new there then!
Last thing more IT woes.....

PS anyone able to get Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 to render true HD footage, just bought a dual quad core Xenon workstation to do this and it fails every time!

GGRRRRRR.........

In all, a decent weekend in spite of the weather and Sony VAGUE-ASS!
Old Jun 7th 2010, 4:20 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

Well it weren't a long weekend here in the UK. We don't seem to celebrate the Queens birthday.

I continued the long redecoration process prior to putting up the house as a rental property.

WP
Old Jun 7th 2010, 5:48 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhingingPom
Well it weren't a long weekend here in the UK. We don't seem to celebrate the Queens birthday.

I continued the long redecoration process prior to putting up the house as a rental property.

WP
Feel for you on that one. Spent all of last summer (and longer) doing up ours for sale

Dewb
Old Jun 7th 2010, 7:21 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Managed to drag "her indoors" away for a few days in the Isles of Scilly! http://scillywebcam.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Yotty; Jun 7th 2010 at 7:27 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 8:14 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tranmere Rover
Ooooo, I got asked for an early one of them!
Old Jun 7th 2010, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Trish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really nice

I was working Saturday then went to a barbeque afterwards. I was driving so couldn't have a drink but had some wine when I got back home!

I'm also in the process of doing my house up to sell which means decluttering, redecorating, then sorting the garden out. Luckily my parents have been great and did the garden.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 9:29 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trish M
I was working Saturday then went to a barbeque afterwards. I was driving so couldn't have a drink but had some wine when I got back home!

I'm also in the process of doing my house up to sell which means decluttering, redecorating, then sorting the garden out. Luckily my parents have been great and did the garden.
I so want your parents

Dewb
Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tranmere Rover

Glad to see that you did something productive
Old Jun 8th 2010, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Spent the weekend in Taupo with a friend from Auckland (Taupo being more or less half way between Auckland and Wellington). Weather was great on Saturday but wet wet wet on Sunday and Monday. Drove home yesterday in the rain via the Desert Road which today was covered in snow!!
Old Jun 8th 2010, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
Glad to see that you did something productive
I am not too sure I would class divorce as productive!

Sending karma to T.R I hope that you are smiling!!! (Not sure if you are happy with divorce)

I am glad the weather did not ruin everyone from having a great time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.