Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What did you all do today?

Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What did you all do today?

Got laid.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:04 am
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by Nice Guy

Got laid.

Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:06 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SarahB
My horse back in UK is with my best friend and she pays for everything.... hes well loved.

My Standardbred here is moulting slightly. I'm hoping to leave him unrugged for as long as possible so he grows a good winter coat.

What temping job are you doing mumo?
Reception/dogsbody at a door co. People are nice but I haven 't worked such long hours in a v long while (8 - 5). It'll do. I hope it ends next week though. i only like 'ladies hours' as they call them here but they're hard to find temping. I hate that feeling of being 'owned' by a co and that's why I temp though. Mostly I hate leaving my dog home all day. Even though he gets a walk before in the dark and after I always try to put my animals first.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough

Dunno wot its called.... its down opposite the jetty. It was lovely and warm and people were still swimming in the sea... I sat with dad outside and admired the gorgeous view.

The fish and chips from there are always excellent and very good value. Is there another F and C shop then?

I'll be back there this week again as now Grandma and Grandad have left I'll be taking littlun to Playgroup again.
Yes, there are two shops. One is called Snappers and the other which is the one you went too Maraetai Wharf takeaway. I like the Wharf one better.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 10:00 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

I went to work.... I held 2 cats and a dog whilst they had lethal injections to be put to sleep. I had to put the bodies in cardboard coffins.... not the nicer side of Veterinary Nursing I have to say.
Important to remember that though it's a difficult part of the job you are involved in providing a peaceful exit from this life for them rather than letting them go on sufferring in debilitating pain.They are usually older, have had (hopefully) some quality of life and have reached a point where medical intervention can no longer really help. Sometimes though, some peopel may not be able to afford to have a pet treated if its expensive (say needs surgery from road accident trauma). Always sad when that is the case
Old Mar 11th 2006, 10:09 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
How did you lot spend your day?
Scored 4 litres of milk for $1 and a date and walnut loaf for $1.50 Saturday arvo is a gr8 time here to look for bargains in supermarkets.

Then I went to the bottle shop and picked up a couple of lge bottles of Fosters to wash down my chicken n chips dinner tonight with.

Boring ay?
Old Mar 11th 2006, 10:15 am
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Scored 4 litres of milk for $1 and a date and walnut loaf for $1.50 Saturday arvo is a gr8 time here to look for bargains in supermarkets.

Then I went to the bottle shop and picked up a couple of lge bottles of Fosters to wash down my chicken n chips dinner tonight with.

Boring ay?
babysitting here whilst mrs tt is out painting chch red

Old Mar 11th 2006, 12:49 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by turkeytickler
babysitting here whilst mrs tt is out painting chch red
Ah thats sweet. More guys should give their other half a break so she can go and enjoy herself sometimes too We all need that time from each other to spend by ourselves or with same sex friends.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 7:26 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

We went a drive through the clyde valley... open roads, no other cars, gorgeous views and baby lambs playing in teh fields. Then stopped at a country cafe for some home made scones.

Now its started snowing..
xxx
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:01 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

This morning I took the girls to meet friends at a great indoor play centre we haven't been to before which also has a little farm attached so we could see the animals and walk around the lake which was beautifully tranquil. Occupied the best part of 5 hours I think which was great value.

Popped into the shops on the way home to pick up a couple of essentials for my daughter's birthday party next Saturday, enjoyed a magazine whilst they played at home, had a family dinner and then we all watched Spiderman 2.

They've just nodded off recently and the house is silent - bliss.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Sunday: Got laid again.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:29 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Im off to see my friends new baby today.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nice Guy

Sunday: Got laid again.

Are you a horney devil, or just lucky!!!

We spent saturday with the in laws, having lunch, setting up webcams, & went shopping with mother in law, she went mad buying clothes for the kids.A good time had by all (not as good as Nice Guys though)
Only got 3 more weekends in UK!!!
Old Mar 12th 2006, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Sunday... spent a good part of the morning moping around and having a good cry. Then popped out to the next village to buy a horse wormer and 2 sacks of feed. This afternoon I spent time clicker training with my horse...hes never done it before but managed to learn the "say please" challenge before he went into brain overload. Also went back to the aforementioned horsey shop and bought a pair of half chaps as I bust mine the other week.

Still thinking about my parents who are probably about 5 hours from LHR at the mo. Also just checked the weather forecast and we had 25 degrees here in Auckland yesterday and it will be 2 degrees when they get home..... brrrrrrr!
Old Mar 12th 2006, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by poppets
Are you a horney devil, or just lucky!!!

A good time had by all (not as good as Nice Guys though)
Without going into too much detail………Mrs Nice Guy and I like to have..ahem..a good time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.