Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What did you all do today?

What did you all do today?

Old Mar 11th 2006, 4:59 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default What did you all do today?

We just cruised around a few garage sales .. best bargain of the day was a BMX bike for our son for $3!
How did you lot spend your day?
Old Mar 11th 2006, 5:02 am
turkeytickler

Default Re: What did you all do today?

Originally Posted by sky
We just cruised around a few garage sales .. best bargain of the day was a BMX bike for our son for $3!
How did you lot spend your day?
being screamed at by my son who had is 3rd lot of injections yesterday... wife gone out on the town to escape .... feeling frazzled....

Old Mar 11th 2006, 5:16 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turkeytickler
being screamed at by my son who had is 3rd lot of injections yesterday... wife gone out on the town to escape .... feeling frazzled....
Is he hot have you given him Calpol?
Poor mite
Old Mar 11th 2006, 5:20 am
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by sky
Is he hot have you given him Calpol?
Poor mite
we have some infant paracetamol but we dont like to give it to him unless hes really bad.... it all went pete tong yesterday with some bad timing; we decided to drop his 10pm feed now hes started solids, and on the next day we sent him for his injections, so his routine is out and he was feeling bad last night.... was never going to work.... have decided to bail out and reintroduce the 10pm feed until the effect of the injections is over then start phasing out the 10pm feed....

poor chap doesnt know whats htit him

Old Mar 11th 2006, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I went to work.... I held 2 cats and a dog whilst they had lethal injections to be put to sleep. I had to put the bodies in cardboard coffins.... not the nicer side of Veterinary Nursing I have to say.

When I got home from work I had 2 and a half hours to spend with my parents before they left to go back to the UK. At this moment in time they are at Auckland Airport. I'm a bit of a mess this evening... I hate saying goodbye to them, its just so painful.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 7:33 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SarahB
I went to work.... I held 2 cats and a dog whilst they had lethal injections to be put to sleep. I had to put the bodies in cardboard coffins.... not the nicer side of Veterinary Nursing I have to say.

When I got home from work I had 2 and a half hours to spend with my parents before they left to go back to the UK. At this moment in time they are at Auckland Airport. I'm a bit of a mess this evening... I hate saying goodbye to them, its just so painful.
How hard is it to train to be a vet nurse, Sarah?

I packed my mum off last week. I was really upset. It's horrible, but now she's back home safely I'm okay. I've been temping.

Today I went on a trek - it was wet but great. We went up to Mt. Maungatautari where they're making a reserve to reiintroduce kiwi (birds not people). It was the last time we could ride through that particular bush.

After temping this week I felt normal again astride a horse.

Last edited by mumomonty; Mar 11th 2006 at 7:35 am. Reason: pressed send by mistake.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mumomonty
How hard is it to train to be a vet nurse, Sarah?

I packed my mum off last week. I was really upset. It's horrible, but now she's back home safely I'm okay. I've been temping.

Today I went on a trek - it was wet but great. We went up to Mt. Maungatautari where they're making a reserve to reiintroduce kiwi (birds not people). It was the last time we could ride through that particular bush.

After temping this week I felt normal again astride a horse.
Hiya mumo, hows it going? ...Ive only been doing the job 2 weeks now. Its mind boggling. Today was awfully sad. I had to clean the dead bodies and put them in the coffins. The ones that go to be cremated have to be put in the freezer. Also another young cat came in and it was so thin... some people shouldnt have animals.

All the other nurses there have been on full time courses. I might end up doing a correspondence course if I like the job.... its too soon yet to tell.

I have ridden once in the last 4 weeks!! I went to see my horse last night and hes not too bad... me and OH tried on his winter rugs to see if they fitted ok and they do. I am hoping to ride tomorrow. Hes dropped a bit of weight and Im off tomorrow to buy some more sacks of feed....he'll be pleased.... he eats like a horse.... funny that

I feel really upset right now... I hate saying goodbye... its like the same awful pain all over again... I'll be ok in a day or so.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough

Not a nice side to your job Sarah.
I remember seeing a post about yr mum & dad arriving, it's certainly gone quick. It's not nice saying goodbye to anyone I always get emotional. Hope your feeling better soon.

My day was spent at home for a change doing nothing . I'm normally driving my kids around dropping them off here & there and then picking them up again.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

killie has a brilliant futurekillie has a brilliant futurekillie has a brilliant futurekillie has a brilliant futurekillie has a brilliant futurekillie has a brilliant futurekillie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by annaerb
I remember seeing a post about yr mum & dad arriving, it's certainly gone quick. It's not nice saying goodbye to anyone I always get emotional. Hope your feeling better soon.

My day was spent at home for a change doing nothing . I'm normally driving my kids around dropping them off here & there and then picking them up again.
i,,m just looking forward to my daughter(23) arriving monday and after reading some of the posts, already dreading her going back.
thought it would make me less homesick if she came out and sent her a ticket as it,s too expensive for us to go back the other way,
been here "the gambia" for 6 months now and son (12) settled in , and there are days here i love it and others !!!!well
ok you all have a good day and hope the sun is shinning for you all
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:25 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya mumo, hows it going? ...Ive only been doing the job 2 weeks now. Its mind boggling. Today was awfully sad. I had to clean the dead bodies and put them in the coffins. The ones that go to be cremated have to be put in the freezer. Also another young cat came in and it was so thin... some people shouldnt have animals.

All the other nurses there have been on full time courses. I might end up doing a correspondence course if I like the job.... its too soon yet to tell.

I have ridden once in the last 4 weeks!! I went to see my horse last night and hes not too bad... me and OH tried on his winter rugs to see if they fitted ok and they do. I am hoping to ride tomorrow. Hes dropped a bit of weight and Im off tomorrow to buy some more sacks of feed....he'll be pleased.... he eats like a horse.... funny that

I feel really upset right now... I hate saying goodbye... its like the same awful pain all over again... I'll be ok in a day or so.
Try and keep busy and it gets better. Although I'm not keen on the temp job it gave me a diversion as I'd started moping. Not good! It also helps me pay for the horse back in the UK. Do you have to pay for your one back home too?
The horses are changing their coats aren't they?
Toodle pip.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Annaerb.... was in your village earlier buying fish and chips.

The 3 weeks has gone very quick... I knew it would.

I'll be fine in a day or so.... I just need to keep busy.

...and I think I need to toughen up a bit if Im going to be ok with this job.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

spent the day nursing my son (age 4) who decided to throw up all over OH yesterday, and trying to stop my daughter (age 20mths) from nicking off with his pillow, his blanket and waking him up every time he fell asleep!!

thinking of you Sarah - bittersweet eh! - the parents visit that is!
vicki

Last edited by Joshlin; Mar 11th 2006 at 8:46 am.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough

Hi Annaerb.... was in your village earlier buying fish and chips.

The 3 weeks has gone very quick... I knew it would.

I'll be fine in a day or so.... I just need to keep busy.

...and I think I need to toughen up a bit if Im going to be ok with this job.
Hope the fish & chips were ok, which one did you go to?
There are more & more people from UK moving to this area now. I have heard of at least another two families plus two couples move here recently and about November we had another family from UK move in across from my drive, so it's getting to be a popular place.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mumomonty
Try and keep busy and it gets better. Although I'm not keen on the temp job it gave me a diversion as I'd started moping. Not good! It also helps me pay for the horse back in the UK. Do you have to pay for your one back home too?
The horses are changing their coats aren't they?
Toodle pip.
My horse back in UK is with my best friend and she pays for everything.... hes well loved.

My Standardbred here is moulting slightly. I'm hoping to leave him unrugged for as long as possible so he grows a good winter coat.

What temping job are you doing mumo?
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Hope the fish & chips were ok, which one did you go to?
There are more & more people from UK moving to this area now. I have heard of at least another two families plus two couples move here recently and about November we had another family from UK move in across from my drive, so it's getting to be a popular place.
Dunno wot its called.... its down opposite the jetty. It was lovely and warm and people were still swimming in the sea... I sat with dad outside and admired the gorgeous view.

The fish and chips from there are always excellent and very good value. Is there another F and C shop then?

I'll be back there this week again as now Grandma and Grandad have left I'll be taking littlun to Playgroup again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.