what is a chav?

Old Nov 13th 2007, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of
Default what is a chav?

I know I must be totally out of touch with reality and the modern world being an ageing hippy but could someone please tell me what a chav is? I keep reading the term on the threads but I do not know the word. Could someone give me a description please.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 9:35 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: what is a chav?

Originally Posted by lizard
I know I must be totally out of touch with reality and the modern world being an ageing hippy but could someone please tell me what a chav is? I keep reading the term on the threads but I do not know the word. Could someone give me a description please.
Just a bunch of kids who wear tracksuits, hoodies and look like sh*t
Old Nov 13th 2007, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Just a bunch of kids who wear tracksuits, hoodies and look like sh*t
lol, thanks for that.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Johnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond repute

"
Chav, (also Charv/Charver and Chavette) ('ch' pronounced as in chair) are mainly derogatory slang terms in the United Kingdom for a subcultural stereotype fixated on fashions derived from American hip hop such as imitation gold, poorly made jewellery and fake designer clothing, combined with elements of working class British street fashion
" --Wikipedia:
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:39 am
Just Joined

cczmark is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: what is a chav?

Chavs - go to http://www.chavscum.co.uk for the full rundown!! Very funny but scarily accurate.....
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:45 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Any excuse to post an old av ...
Attached Images  
Old Nov 13th 2007, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

JaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the rough

Also referred to as 'Chav-Scum'. The best website is:

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/culture.php

This page helps you to identify the little darlings...

Jane
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

i believe the term means...c.h.a.v....council house and violent

the scottish equivelent is n.e.d ....non educated delinquent....

aparantley they have an equivelant here,well according to my daughters classmates anyway,and they call them gangsters,or gee's for short......jacky
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

Do you remember when you emigrated, you had to take all sorts of tests, blood, BMI fat test, well the Chav Test is the latest one for NZ immigration, because NZ just doesn't want any Burberry or imported bling in the country, (Though In France Burberry is still considered BCBG - Bon Chic Bon Genre , or upper class).

Here is the test to find out, hopefully ageing hippies should score fairly low, (I got 26% what's wrong with Pay as you go tarifs ?), but you never know ...............

http://chavstest.com/quiz/index.php

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Nov 13th 2007 at 5:57 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 6:09 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garryhg
i believe the term means...c.h.a.v....council house and violent

the scottish equivelent is n.e.d ....non educated delinquent....

aparantley they have an equivelant here,well according to my daughters classmates anyway,and they call them gangsters,or gee's for short......jacky
LOL
Old Nov 13th 2007, 6:11 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Something I dont miss from England, bliss!!!
Old Nov 13th 2007, 6:29 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Any excuse to post an old av ...
So now its a chavatar is it?
Old Nov 13th 2007, 6:33 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

best description i've ever come across is

Picture this a young lad about 12 years of age and 4 ½ feet high baseball cap at ninety degrees in a imitation addidas tracksuit, with trouser legs tucked into his socks (of course, is definitely the height of fashion). This lad is strutting around, fag in one hand jewellery al over the over, outside McDonalds acting as if he is 8 foot tall and built like a rugby player, when some poor unsuspecting adult (about 17/18) walks round the corner wanting to go to mcdonalds for his dinner glances at the young lad, the young lad jumps up in complete disgust and says “Whats your problem? Wanna make sommin of it? Bling Bling” when the adult starts to walk towards the young lad, the young lad pisses himself and runs off to either his pregnant 14-year-old girlfriend or his brother in the army crying his eyes out.

Hard to know what's worse.... chavs or magpies?
Old Nov 13th 2007, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice
Post Re: what is a chav?

Does New Zealand have a chav equivelant? I hope not I work in a secondary school at the mo and the state of the kids is unbelievable, they look like mini gangsters although most of them are actually quite nice when you talk to them one on one its just in groups they have to act 'cool'.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Here comes the sun
Does New Zealand have a chav equivelant? I hope not I work in a secondary school at the mo and the state of the kids is unbelievable, they look like mini gangsters although most of them are actually quite nice when you talk to them one on one its just in groups they have to act 'cool'.
these gangsters or g's for short will be much the same but just don't wear the burberry,instead they wear there colours as they call them,and hoody's that are about forty sizes to big for them,

same kids,different place thats just geography.....

one thing i have noticed,destinct lack of teenage pregnancy in nz....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.