Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What are the chances of getting a P.Resident visa as a marketing/PR graduate.?

What are the chances of getting a P.Resident visa as a marketing/PR graduate.?

Old Apr 16th 2014, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

jakubmina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What are the chances of getting a P.Resident visa as a marketing/PR graduate.?

Hi,

I am going to New Zealand on a working holiday visa in summer 2015. I am looking to move the permanently. What are the chances of landing a job there, being a graduate with almost zero experience in the field (marketing/PR)? Are many of the employers there willing to go through all the hustle of hiring an overseas worker?

Regards,

Jakub
Old Apr 17th 2014, 8:58 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are the chances of getting a permanent residence visa?

its not really what the employer wants but what the Immigration want as the requirements for a valid visa
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 10:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: What are the chances of getting a permanent residence visa?

From what you have written, you are actually looking to move permanently to Canada and not New Zealand. Which is it please?

No-one can really answer your question about job offer possibilities for marketing /PR unless, of course, they work in that field.

With a WHV you are free to take up temporary work to help fund your trip to NZ.

With regard to staying permanently in NZ , then you really need to see if you would be eligible for a visa first as MrsF points out.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Purrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are the chances of getting a P.Resident visa as a marketing/PR graduate.?

Originally Posted by jakubmina
What are the chances of landing a job there, being a graduate with almost zero experience in the field (marketing/PR)?

Probably slim to none within marketing and PR. Let me put it this way, in terms that a marketing person should understand.

What unique benefit do you offer that would suit a New Zealand employer, over the hundreds of graduates that pour out of Auckland Business School and other courses up and down the country each year?

Do you understand the small and slightly quirky New Zealand domestic market? Can you pitch a message or contribute to a campaign that will run in Palmerston North or Hamilton? Do you have a track record of solid marketing achievements in New Zealand's key export markets i.e. Australia or China?

What value do you represent in meeting the business needs of a New Zealand employer?