Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What can i bring from my Garage?

What can i bring from my Garage?

Old May 29th 2011, 8:21 am

shuglu72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What can i bring from my Garage?

Hi Folks
We're just having the massive pre-emigrate clear out and i'm wondering what i can bring from my garage. For exmaple oils/aerosols/general cleaning stuff/polish etc. Just the typical things you'd find in there. Is there anywhere where i could find out for sure, I've had a look but maybe i've just had a "man look" so any help would be most appreciated.
Cheers
Shuglu
Old May 29th 2011, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What can i bring from my Garage?

Originally Posted by shuglu72
Hi Folks
We're just having the massive pre-emigrate clear out and i'm wondering what i can bring from my garage. For exmaple oils/aerosols/general cleaning stuff/polish etc. Just the typical things you'd find in there. Is there anywhere where i could find out for sure, I've had a look but maybe i've just had a "man look" so any help would be most appreciated.
Cheers
Shuglu
Hi, don't think you can bring anything of a combustible nature, also fluids like paint etc are not advised..water based or otherwise. Why not seek advice from your shipper?
Old May 29th 2011, 10:00 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
Hi, don't think you can bring anything of a combustible nature, also fluids like paint etc are not advised..water based or otherwise. Why not seek advice from your shipper?
If it's liquid and can spill, don't risk it. The last thing you want is a load of furniture smelling of engine oil........or covered in paint
Old May 29th 2011, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future

I'm going through exactly the same process this weekend! This has involved sorting all tools, cleaning everything and packing it into organiser cases and new tool boxes. I have decided to give away all fluids, oils, paints, pastes, polishes, grease just to be sure that a). I dont bring anything not allowed and b). nothing explodes/leaks over anything in the container!

Right, better get back to it!
Old May 29th 2011, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

coffeeaddict is just really nicecoffeeaddict is just really nicecoffeeaddict is just really nicecoffeeaddict is just really nicecoffeeaddict is just really nicecoffeeaddict is just really nicecoffeeaddict is just really nicecoffeeaddict is just really nicecoffeeaddict is just really nicecoffeeaddict is just really nice

yep me too. had to sell all the new under seal for my resto that im bringing no paint or primers either
i have a heck of alot of cleaning to do now too....
Old May 29th 2011, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Ive got all my bike/car polish, lubes etc in boxes, cant see why they cant come, they are only going in a container.. We'l see if the movers take them eh.. Ive got loads of garage bits.. Though ive been told by Karen it may have to go on the not priority list when loading..
Old May 29th 2011, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future

Just got an email from someone at the AA (for Wessa - its not Wally).

I asked about my braided s/s lines and aftermarket cans... this is what they said:

"As far as the braided lines and the mufflers are concerned we only accept crimped lines with standards on them and provided the exhaust is not too loud you should be ok."

No way am I removing my braided s/s lines for any inferior crap... I dont think they are stamped but they are from a well known supplier (Cobra, HEL lines)

I'm MAD!
Old May 29th 2011, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

(Wally retired..lol)
Ive good Hel braided on mine, just done them before i came out.. Manufacturers (Kawasaki)say to change the standards after 4 yrs anyway.. I binned mine so no way am i changing.. Im guessing the checkes will be sensible to some degree eh. Let me know how you get on with the receipt of sale thing as ive not got one either.. Cheers R.

Pm me or something. Getting close now eh..lol..

Gary.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

muddyboots is a jewel in the roughmuddyboots is a jewel in the roughmuddyboots is a jewel in the roughmuddyboots is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by rick78
Just got an email from someone at the AA (for Wessa - its not Wally).

I asked about my braided s/s lines and aftermarket cans... this is what they said:

"As far as the braided lines and the mufflers are concerned we only accept crimped lines with standards on them and provided the exhaust is not too loud you should be ok."

No way am I removing my braided s/s lines for any inferior crap... I dont think they are stamped but they are from a well known supplier (Cobra, HEL lines)

I'm MAD!
Man you got a shock coming SORRY but the compliance guys are a bunch of anal %^%$^%$^& they really go over the top and talk s...t Muy jeep had new discs and pads and they changed them as they couldn't see the kite mark,and they found a spot of rust on front slam panel and under radiator and said have to have a new front end, honest it was surface rust, and a little bit on rear cross member had to have the underside sand blasted cost me $2500
and when they changed the discs they cracked the piston in the caliper. so be warned and make sure car or bike has no rust and give them no reason to make you reach for the wallet
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

muddyboots is a jewel in the roughmuddyboots is a jewel in the roughmuddyboots is a jewel in the roughmuddyboots is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Wessa
(Wally retired..lol)
Ive good Hel braided on mine, just done them before i came out.. Manufacturers (Kawasaki)say to change the standards after 4 yrs anyway.. I binned mine so no way am i changing.. Im guessing the checkes will be sensible to some degree eh. Let me know how you get on with the receipt of sale thing as ive not got one either.. Cheers R.

Pm me or something. Getting close now eh..lol..

Gary.
Do what you have todo to prove its your machine I had reg document and invoice for the deposit on my jeep and that was not good enough for customs get what you can to prove its yours even
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

To be honest if they're gonna be arse holes i just skip compliance and use it as a track bike lol
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rick78
To be honest if they're gonna be arse holes i just skip compliance and use it as a track bike lol
So, will they refuse to Register the bike if you have no proof of sale.. I don't think they are that harsh if you have the v5..

We'l see eh.. Rick, let me know how you get on plz mate.

Another week closer eh..

Gary.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 5:12 am
Just Joined

No they will not refuse to register your bike but may require you to pay GST and import duties
Old Jun 4th 2011, 2:08 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Braided HEL lines are fine. The laws were changed while my bike was in the container four years ago, and was extensively discussed in the past both on kiwibiker and here.
Loud cans are fine, my Lasers are stamped "For racing use only", and I was told to stop being stupid, of course I don't need to put standard cans back at WoF time.

As for the original post. I fetched oils, greases, sealants, glues etc over in a locked inventoried tool cabinet. The key was still taped where I put it when it was delivered. Let them know what you have, and if it's allowed they let it in...simple really.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 10:52 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

We bought unopened paint in the large plastic tubs. Glad we did as paint is so expensive here. We had no trouble bringing it in. Also we bought 2 wallpaper tables, couldn't believe what we got for them on Trade Me it was mind boggling!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.