Wikiposts

What To Bring

Old Jan 1st 2007, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of
Default What To Bring

Is it worth bringing my chrimbo decorations?
Old Jan 1st 2007, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of
Default Re: What To Bring

Originally Posted by Maz1
Is it worth bringing my chrimbo decorations?
Well we're taking all of ours, that includes two trees.

Last edited by spackster; Jan 1st 2007 at 11:29 pm. Reason: crap spelling
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 1:43 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Too right I've got decorations for our tree that my mum had when I was a little girl.

Only thing to remember is that you can't bring anything in with dried flowers or shrubbery on it or candles.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Too right I've got decorations for our tree that my mum had when I was a little girl.

Only thing to remember is that you can't bring anything in with dried flowers or shrubbery on it or candles.
What, no candles. Our house is adorned with them. Including two large church candles and a coconut one bought this year as a crimbo present.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:22 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kev&sarah

I took candles in last year & they were passed by customs. Obviously any with dried fruit,flowers & twigs etc. won't be allowed in. I also had 2 artificial Christmas wreaths but they were destroyed by customs as they had pine cones on them .

Accidently managed to take 3 bags of hanging basket moss into NZ :scared: , I was mortified & envisaged being locked up or deported. I'm such a drama queen . Customs destroyed those as well & let me stay.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AnnieNell
I took candles in last year & they were passed by customs. Obviously any with dried fruit,flowers & twigs etc. won't be allowed in. I also had 2 artificial Christmas wreaths but they were destroyed by customs as they had pine cones on them .

Accidently managed to take 3 bags of hanging basket moss into NZ :scared: , I was mortified & envisaged being locked up or deported. I'm such a drama queen . Customs destroyed those as well & let me stay.
So i should be ok with the majority of the candles. Any ideas on the one in a coconut shell? it's still in it's original wrappings from the shop.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spackster
So i should be ok with the majority of the candles. Any ideas on the one in a coconut shell? it's still in it's original wrappings from the shop.
My candles are all packed & ready to go! Doubtful about the coconut shell one (sounds great, I love candles), you could contact NZ customs by email or just sneak it in with some stuff unlikely to be checked . Obviously I couldn't condone this
Customs don't tend to go through everything, they pick out the likely suspects (gardening stuff, golf clubs, chrimbo decorations) to inspect.
Hope this helps
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AnnieNell
My candles are all packed & ready to go! Doubtful about the coconut shell one (sounds great, I love candles), you could contact NZ customs by email or just sneak it in with some stuff unlikely to be checked . Obviously I couldn't condone this
Customs don't tend to go through everything, they pick out the likely suspects (gardening stuff, golf clubs, chrimbo decorations) to inspect.
Hope this helps
Thanks for that, i did not think about the candles. The coconut one i'll probably put in with bedroom stuff. Customs will probably have kittens when they see our ornimental dog for the garden, it's just the a**e end so it looks as though it's digging!
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:49 am
Account Closed

Thanks for that, i did not think about the candles. The coconut one i'll probably put in with bedroom stuff. Customs will probably have kittens when they see our ornimental dog for the garden, it's just the a**e end so it looks as though it's digging!
LOL
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:54 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Customs will probably have kittens when they see our ornimental dog for the garden, it's just the a**e end so it looks as though it's digging!
Brilliant! I love it!
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maz
Brilliant! I love it!
It just goes to show how mature we really are! Oh and our mentality.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 4:45 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

It just goes to show how mature we really are! Oh and our mentality.
No, it just means you're refusing to become a stick-in-the-mud as you get older. Good on ya!
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of

Decorations it is then. By the way my OH should be there by 1.30pm 3rd NZ time and I will be there by the 11th. See you all then (ChCh).
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 11:58 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz1
Decorations it is then. By the way my OH should be there by 1.30pm 3rd NZ time and I will be there by the 11th. See you all then (ChCh).
He should have been here half an hr by now then providing there were no hold ups. Where abouts in NZ hope it's somewhere a bit sunnier than here .. Ch.ch is pretty cloudy today not nice welcoming weather for new migrants really.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

He phone me this morning 5.30am UK time. At that time he was at the airport hotel. He will be going onto Dunedin. His job is there for about 5 weeks but I will be staying in ChCh (dont know where yet) After the 5 weeks OH will be heading back to ChCh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.