Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What is best Sun screen to buy !!!

What is best Sun screen to buy !!!

Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What is best Sun screen to buy !!!

we brought over quite a bit of nivea 30+ sun screen to use but are still getting burnt, does anyone know of one they can recommend that we can use without getting so burnt!!!

Last edited by MooMoo290373; Jan 29th 2010 at 1:17 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is best Sun screen to buy !!!

I work outside and Jan got me some factor 50 that stays on all day wich seems to work, it is very expensive tho

Will find out the name of it when she gets in

Neil
Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:37 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Our local new World sells a whole selection of factor 70's. All fairly reasonably priced. You could have a wee look to see if your one does.
I use the Nivea factor 30 that you buy here that has the sort of pump spray and find it to be really good.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:45 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi from over the ditch, you may find this useful ...
http://shop.cancercouncil.com.au/t-faq.aspx

The upshot is that if you paying through the nose for anything sold as better than "SPF 30+" then you are more likely a victim of marketing than skin cancer.

To quote ... "It is considered that an SPF factor of 30+ is more than enough protection against sunburn under normal conditions of exposure and time and that to increase the SPF numeral above 30 may do more harm than good"

As someone that stands out in the sun every other Sunday (Cricket) I take an interest in such things
Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373
we brought over quite a bit of nivea 30+ sun screen to use but are still getting burnt, does anyone know of one they can recommend that we can use without getting so burnt!!!
Hi

The one sun screen that worked well for me is piz buin factor 30, easy to put on and didnt get burnt once when we were in Gold Coast
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:06 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

We use 'The Cancer Society' ones - seem to be pretty good - not sure if the 'special' ones for sports and kids and so on aren't just marketing though.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:14 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to post something similar to DeadVim. I use the cancer society ones mostly. Our family doctor recommended one years ago to my mother (UV I think it's name is) for a moisturiser and she still uses it. Absolutely brilliant stuff and she has great skin too.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:39 am
ble
Forum Regular

ble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud of

MooMoo290373

Hi - i got the NZ Cancer Society Suncreen for Children (spf 30+) at the start of teh summer.
But I have not been impressed at all with it. I use it myself when I am out and about and I also have a red head child with skin to match (pale that is). I certainly found that there was not a lot of protection from it.

I went and talked to a chemist just after Christmas and he recommended ego Sun Sense Ultra Milk - still labelled spf 30+. But that is apparently the law - you can't advertise any more protection than that as you can't guarantee it (or something). They had a chart hanging next to the sun screens and this one is about a 70+ in theory.

What I have found is that it is far better protection - and my skin will turn brown in the sun after a couple of days out.

But I would never use the NZ Cancer one again.

Last edited by ble; Jan 29th 2010 at 2:42 am.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

When I went to the papamoa meet on Weds, I was using the cancer society factor 30 and insect repellant all in one. My face still reddened a little and I am not fair skinned. I agree with what others have said about it...not that brill. However I should have been wearing a hat and I will if my container ever gets here.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 9:21 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't belive some of the threads on here omg asking about what suncream to buy? I'm sorry but just made me laugh!!!

Anyway btw anyone know what I should have for dinner tommorow

Last edited by love30stm; Jan 29th 2010 at 9:27 am.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Can't belive some of the threads on here omg asking about what suncream to buy? I'm sorry but just made me laugh!!!

Me too, so what did you have for dinner it may give me some ideas?
Old Jan 29th 2010, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

The stay indoors cream +11am+3pm, works like a dream
Old Jan 29th 2010, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm

Well if you think skin cancer is something to laugh about love , try seeing people who have had it then laugh, i want a sunscreen that will protect me and my family whats so funny about that!!!!! :curse:
I cannot believe how down right immature some people can be, with comments such as yours!!!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Well if you think skin cancer is something to laugh about love , try seeing people who have had it then laugh, i want a sunscreen that will protect me and my family whats so funny about that!!!!! :curse:
I cannot believe how down right immature some people can be, with comments such as yours!!!
Well said totally agree MooMoo
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all

I have three very blond, fair skinned children and when we were over we brought Hawaiian Tropic 30 Plus Sunblock. If still available I would recommend this

Was then on offer in Pak N Save . Still have loads in our cupboard here in the Uk .... just not much demand for it here at the mo

Lou x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.